Mic stops working during cellular calls after few minutes as random.

Hi there, this is my second phone but the same issue over and over again, I'm with h2o wireless and I'm almost sure Samsung s8 plus somehow is not compatible with this network!

I've done unthinkable to fix this issue but still no luck!

The mic works no problem with all the application but actual phone call giving random issue!
    safe mode the same.

Any idea please?
    03-09-2018 02:34 AM
    H2O uses AT&T's towers, so I doubt that it's a compatibility problem with the phone. (It it were, AT&T would have landed on Samsung with both feet.) Are you sure the phone mice works with all applications? The phone has 2 mics, one on the bottom for phone calls when you hold the phone to your ear, another near (or at) the top of the phone for things like voice recording, Skype, etc. Try going to speakerphone on a phone call. If that works, it's the bottom mic.

Since it happened on two phones, I'm going to guess that you keep the hone in your picket, bottom in. That shoves lint and thread into that hole, and fabric is a great sound insulator. Find the mic hole (look in the manual or look for a manual online), and look into it with a bright light. If there's anything in there that looks like lint, use a thin sharp wooden toothpick to pick it out.

If not, the phone is defective. (Two in a row with the same defect is long odds, but I guess it's possible.)
    03-09-2018 02:14 PM
    Thanks for reply, this is not a hardware issue it's software! it does the something while using Bluetooth as well.
    03-10-2018 02:33 PM