Navigation bar disappeared after upgrading to Orea (S8+)

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

It appears that the Oreo update has hit the S8+ and I (probably) made a mistake upgrading so quickly. Main issue is I lost my navigation bar (home button, back button, Recents). The panel is still there, but there are no buttons, its just blank. I looked around and it seems this is not supposed to happen, so is it possible its a glitch?

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Could be a bug. Do a cache partition wipe to start with. Then look in settings to see if any had slipped.... They sometimes default back...

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
If you tap the area where they are supposed to be, do they still work? Could be a theme problem. I had a problem before where album names all disappeared in my gallery but turned out my theme didn't support the new gallery fully and was rendering the text black on a black background.

alatifk

Mar 11, 2018
Visit site
Hi, I'm the OP.

The navigation bar appeared when I restarted my phone and had to entire my pin. Then once the phone loads it disappears. If i press there nothing happens. I did the cache partition and nothing changes. I am using one of the default themes that came with the phone.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I'm the OP.

The navigation bar appeared when I restarted my phone and had to entire my pin. Then once the phone loads it disappears. If i press there nothing happens. I did the cache partition and nothing changes. I am using one of the default themes that came with the phone.
Oh. Sounds like immersive mode. Have you swiped up from the bottom of the screen?

alatifk

Mar 11, 2018
Visit site
Yes numerous times, it just takes me to my apps screen.. I have established that its not hidden.. I even turned off the option of the show and hide button and still no success

anon(10427560)

Mar 11, 2018
Visit site
Hi, just to say: I have the same Issue.

I have tried to delete cache, rebooted in safe mode and reset settings on the device. So far, nothing has helped.

I really do not want to have to factory reset, but its looking like the only option at this point.

Cheers,

Me.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Bring the phone to your carrier and ask if they can reflash just the update. Some carriers will (AT&T does at their Device Support Centers), some won't or can't.

A

Android Central Question

I just had an update and my nav bar disappeared. Please help!

I tried going into settings but no help.

A

Android Central Question

Disappeared buttons on navigation bar

The buttons on the navigation bar of my Samsung 8 disappeared after a firmware update. What can I do to get them back?

A

Android Central Question

S8+ No Nav Bar Buttons

I just updated my S8+ to Oreo and my nav bar buttons disappeared. The bar is still there, but no icons. I can even hard press Home, but nothing else. I've tried all suggestions so far. It's turned my beautiful S8+ into a piece of junk.

Rebooted, cleared cache, toggled hide on/off, can't swipe up

A

Android Central Question

oreo Update problems on S8+

Nav buttons have disappeared post the Oreo update..see a blank white bar at the bottom of my s8+..Does someone have a solution to it.

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: oreo Update problems on S8+

I had the exact same thing. I finally realized after trial and error, that a security app installed so I can access work email was the problem. Don't know why, but when I deleted "Air Watch" the navbar icons we're back. Don't know what they had to do with each other, but that fixed mine.

FalcomDX7

Mar 19, 2018
Visit site
[SOVLED] I had the same problem.
i figured it was related t Airwatch, and it was solved when i uninstall it.
but later i was able to narrow it down to "AirWatch Samsung ELM Service"

you can keep airwatch, just deactivate "AirWatch Samsung ELM Service" as device administrator (just remove it)

that worked for me
I have Galaxy S8+ from TMO

Last edited:

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Re: oreo Update problems on S8+

I had the exact same thing. I finally realized after trial and error, that a security app installed so I can access work email was the problem. Don't know why, but when I deleted "Air Watch" the navbar icons we're back. Don't know what they had to do with each other, but that fixed mine.

I have that same app on my phone. Luckily, I didn't experience the same problem.

A

Android Central Question

The navigation bar is missing ever since the update of March 18, 2018.

The navigation bar is missing the recents, home and back buttons. They are not hidden and the only way you can leave an app is a hard reset.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech