Navigation bar disappeared after upgrading to Orea (S8+)

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Navigation bar disappeared after upgrade to Oreo 8

After yesterday's upgrade to Samsung Experience 9.0 the navigation bar is not showing. I have tried multiple options except factory reset. the options I have tried include:
1. Turning on & off show/hide button from setting
2. Clear cache partition
3. Other display options from settings

Nothing worked. Please help!

almath

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Navigation bar disappeared after upgrade to Oreo 8

Now I'm just asking, but did you slide up from the bottom of the screen. It might be hidden then you tap the dot on the left side to make it stay.

puls3

Mar 22, 2018
Visit site
Hi guys...same issue also for me and additionally mi Location was on all the time and the message received when trying to turn it off was "Security policy prevents use of location" and now after uninstalling AirWatch Agent i can do both (have the buttons back and can turn off location). great advice !!! Thx " thetaxi" and " FalcomDX7". to mention i have a S8 from Orange (Ro).

bdeester

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

I'm having the same problem on a Verizon S8+. After the Oreo update my navigation bar completely disappeared. I've tried:

1. Swiping up from the bottom of the screen: no change, from home screen or in app.
2. Checked the navigation bar settings (toggled the hide option, it was already off): no option made a difference.
3. Changed themes/launchers - I was using the Material Dark Samsung theme and Nova launcher. I ultimately resorted to stock touchwiz: again, no change. Even after multiple restarts.
4. Started the phone in safe mode: navigation bar was still missing!
5. After several days of no luck, I factory reset the device. It was fixed! And then it wasn't.

At some point while setting up the phone, the nav bar disappeared again. I went through the above steps again, but no luck. I factory reset the phone again and am in the process of setting it back up, paying a little more attention this time.

bdeester

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

Samsung Galaxy S8+

Do you happen to use Airwatch for work? It looks like the AirWatch Samsung ELM Service is what is causing this issue. Reading through the Play Store reviews shows quite a few unhappy S8/S9 owners!

Try uninstalling/deactivating that software. I did on my device and the navigation bar came right back. Looks like I'll be going without work email for a few days...

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site

I would first look at Setting app itself in Setting 》 Apps and clear it, stop it, nuke it even.

Had trouble, serious crashes of Settings app, during the beta 3/4 time frame.

A

Android Central Question

Navigation bar is missing

After update with S8 least update in 2018 missing navigation bar from the home screen
Please anyone can help

eewhite

Mar 23, 2018
Visit site
Re: The navigation bar is missing ever since the update of March 18, 2018.

I am having the same problem on my S8+ since the update this morning. Is there any way to fix it?

A

Android Central Question

Why navigation bar buttons are gone after recent update?

My whole navigation bar on s8 is gone after a recent update. I tried to play with the settings but the only thing that changes is the background color. Basically now I have a line at the bottom of my screen with whatever color I choose for background but no buttons. Anyone know how to get those back?

stevelaky

Mar 28, 2018
Visit site
I had the same issue after upgrading this morning. I went to applications and Airwatch Samsung ELM. I started to uninstall the software but stopped just short of the actual uninstall (I was waiting on my corporate IT helpdesk to suggest a solution). When I backed out the uninstall the nav bar was back to normal.

swmardis

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
This appears to be a problem with Airwatch. I had this issue and have spoken to a few people from other companies that are experiencing this issue.

What I found was the security profile that was being applied was causing this issue (confirmed by going into the Agent on the phone, then Profiles, selected the security profile and clicked re-apply). Once clicking re-apply the NavBar would appear again for a second then disappear again.

I removed the security profile altogether and lo and behold the NavBar was back again. Manually pushed the security profile down from the AW Console to my device and it has been working since.

Solorider67

Apr 5, 2018
Visit site
Have you tried Settings --> display -> navigation buttons

Top option for me was:
Show and Hide Button

With it disabled the Nav buttons are always on.

Hope this helps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv