04-05-2018 05:59 AM
34 12
tools
    It appears that the Oreo update has hit the S8+ and I (probably) made a mistake upgrading so quickly. Main issue is I lost my navigation bar (home button, back button, Recents). The panel is still there, but there are no buttons, its just blank. I looked around and it seems this is not supposed to happen, so is it possible its a glitch?
    03-11-2018 01:30 AM
    Could be a bug. Do a cache partition wipe to start with. Then look in settings to see if any had slipped.... They sometimes default back...
    03-11-2018 01:42 AM
    If you tap the area where they are supposed to be, do they still work? Could be a theme problem. I had a problem before where album names all disappeared in my gallery but turned out my theme didn't support the new gallery fully and was rendering the text black on a black background.
    03-11-2018 01:44 AM
    Hi, I'm the OP.

The navigation bar appeared when I restarted my phone and had to entire my pin. Then once the phone loads it disappears. If i press there nothing happens. I did the cache partition and nothing changes. I am using one of the default themes that came with the phone.
    03-11-2018 03:08 AM
    Hi, I'm the OP.

The navigation bar appeared when I restarted my phone and had to entire my pin. Then once the phone loads it disappears. If i press there nothing happens. I did the cache partition and nothing changes. I am using one of the default themes that came with the phone.
    Oh. Sounds like immersive mode. Have you swiped up from the bottom of the screen?
    03-11-2018 03:41 AM
    Yes numerous times, it just takes me to my apps screen.. I have established that its not hidden.. I even turned off the option of the show and hide button and still no success
    03-11-2018 04:03 AM
    Hi, just to say: I have the same Issue.

I have tried to delete cache, rebooted in safe mode and reset settings on the device. So far, nothing has helped.

I really do not want to have to factory reset, but its looking like the only option at this point.

Cheers,

Me.
    03-11-2018 03:10 PM
    Let's hope there is a patch that comes out soon
    03-12-2018 01:24 AM
    Bring the phone to your carrier and ask if they can reflash just the update. Some carriers will (AT&T does at their Device Support Centers), some won't or can't.
    03-12-2018 04:28 PM
    I tried going into settings but no help.
    03-16-2018 12:00 PM
    The buttons on the navigation bar of my Samsung 8 disappeared after a firmware update. What can I do to get them back?
    03-17-2018 02:05 PM
    I just updated my S8+ to Oreo and my nav bar buttons disappeared. The bar is still there, but no icons. I can even hard press Home, but nothing else. I've tried all suggestions so far. It's turned my beautiful S8+ into a piece of junk.

Rebooted, cleared cache, toggled hide on/off, can't swipe up
    03-18-2018 12:43 PM
    Nav buttons have disappeared post the Oreo update..see a blank white bar at the bottom of my s8+..Does someone have a solution to it.
    03-18-2018 02:50 PM
    Just updated tonight and nav bar is now missing.
    03-18-2018 08:44 PM
    try a different launcher and see if you have it again
    03-18-2018 09:01 PM
    After reading a Reddit post, I uninstalled Airwatch. Nav bar is back.
    03-18-2018 09:06 PM
    I had the exact same thing. I finally realized after trial and error, that a security app installed so I can access work email was the problem. Don't know why, but when I deleted "Air Watch" the navbar icons we're back. Don't know what they had to do with each other, but that fixed mine.
    03-18-2018 11:00 PM
    [SOVLED] I had the same problem.
    i figured it was related t Airwatch, and it was solved when i uninstall it.
    but later i was able to narrow it down to "AirWatch Samsung ELM Service"

you can keep airwatch, just deactivate "AirWatch Samsung ELM Service" as device administrator (just remove it)

that worked for me
    I have Galaxy S8+ from TMO
    03-18-2018 11:45 PM
    I had the exact same thing. I finally realized after trial and error, that a security app installed so I can access work email was the problem. Don't know why, but when I deleted "Air Watch" the navbar icons we're back. Don't know what they had to do with each other, but that fixed mine.
    I have that same app on my phone. Luckily, I didn't experience the same problem.
    03-19-2018 05:23 AM
    The navigation bar is missing the recents, home and back buttons. They are not hidden and the only way you can leave an app is a hard reset.
    03-21-2018 10:50 AM
    After yesterday's upgrade to Samsung Experience 9.0 the navigation bar is not showing. I have tried multiple options except factory reset. the options I have tried include:
    1. Turning on & off show/hide button from setting
    2. Clear cache partition
    3. Other display options from settings

Nothing worked. Please help!
    03-21-2018 11:11 AM
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    03-21-2018 12:20 PM
    Now I'm just asking, but did you slide up from the bottom of the screen. It might be hidden then you tap the dot on the left side to make it stay.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    03-21-2018 03:55 PM
    Hi guys...same issue also for me and additionally mi Location was on all the time and the message received when trying to turn it off was "Security policy prevents use of location" and now after uninstalling AirWatch Agent i can do both (have the buttons back and can turn off location). great advice !!! Thx " thetaxi" and " FalcomDX7". to mention i have a S8 from Orange (Ro).
    03-22-2018 07:07 AM
    I'm having the same problem on a Verizon S8+. After the Oreo update my navigation bar completely disappeared. I've tried:

1. Swiping up from the bottom of the screen: no change, from home screen or in app.
    2. Checked the navigation bar settings (toggled the hide option, it was already off): no option made a difference.
    3. Changed themes/launchers - I was using the Material Dark Samsung theme and Nova launcher. I ultimately resorted to stock touchwiz: again, no change. Even after multiple restarts.
    4. Started the phone in safe mode: navigation bar was still missing!
    5. After several days of no luck, I factory reset the device. It was fixed! And then it wasn't.

At some point while setting up the phone, the nav bar disappeared again. I went through the above steps again, but no luck. I factory reset the phone again and am in the process of setting it back up, paying a little more attention this time.
    03-22-2018 04:22 PM
34 12