Widget time

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date

Bigbadpopa

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site
So it worked for you but no one else? Clearly you havent set your weather location yet cause if you did it will revert back to an hour behind. Or you have a magic phone.

arshaun2

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site
I have the s8+ and I had to delete the widget with the clock and weather together and use each one separately that is the only thing that worked for me

skylarkgrl

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site
Same here, I have an S8+. I want to keep an eye on this forum. Read through the conversation, cleared my cache, and it worked.

Update: You have to clear the cache and the data, which means you can't see the weather. If you go in and change any of the settings, the time resets itself. So...

Slongslong

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site
I don't have the patience to wait on a fix...So I changed my widget from the clock/ weather widget to the clock widget and then the weather widget without the clock, problem fixed.

harlan_billy

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site
Ok uninstall weather channel for samsung download regular weather channel app and retry the problem is with the weather channel for samsung app

harlan_billy

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site
The problem is with the weather channel for samsung app uninstall it and downl9ad the regular weather channel app restart widget problem solved

Wysiwyg2525

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site
Weather app For all S8+ and S8 users. if you clock did not update to Daylight Savings this is how you correct it. Got to your setting
Apps
Weather
Force stop
Clear catch in the memory
Then go to your city
App should of update to new time.
It just worked for me. Hope this helps all of you. Best of luck.

Trav O Tron

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S8 clock on main screen not updating to DST

Ok I got a possible fix. Turn off auto update time, turn airplane mode on. Restart phone, turn airplane mode off, turn auto update back on. Should make it work.

MamaAsh1

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site
Hi all! Same problem on my S8 Note.

Just delete the weather widget off your home screen. Then you're gonna add two separate widgets: one is the clock widget and one is the weather app, without the clock on it. The clock will then be accurate and you're still getting the weather, too.

Not really a fix to the existing weather/time combo widget but works just the same and the clock is correct.

😁

1Rhema

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site

The lock screen and upper righthand corner clocks/time automatically updated to DST, but main screen clock did not. I double checked automatic update, restarted 2 times. Nothing will make the main screen time update. It appears to be connected to a weather channel app, but not seeing this in my apps. The weather clock is correct.

I had the same problem with my S8 so I went onto the Google Apps site and downloaded another weather app. In doing so, it caused both to update at the same time. After they both updated I removed the 2nd one and kept the original one.

Belal650

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site
Actual solution without deleting or uninstalling.

Go into the settings of the weather app, turn on where it says "Add Weather app to icon screen". Give it a few seconds, then go to the weather widget and tap on the little refresh arrow under the weather. Tap once or twice and your time should be updated.

Samsung, can you send me some money for solving this problem, jk. No seriously, I'm broke.

Last edited:

HITMAN2019

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site

Hey guys I was having the same problem but I did what the other guy said go to storage and clear cache and clear data and now it works fine and I just did it 1 time thanks

lgossin

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

there is an update to the clock, installed, restarted, time is correct

Terri Denise

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site
I FIXED THE ISSUE. Go to settings>>weather settings>>show on widget>>change to current city only. You can change it back to all added cities if needed and the time will still be updated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stark