Samsung UK Warranty question

dazkil2103

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I bought my s8 plus off eBay. It has the receipt bought last June so is less than a year old.I bought in October and just last week within days of each other the aux stopped working and now the charging port is faulty .Can I still get the phone fixed under Warranty . I find the Samsung Website unhelpful so knew be easier asking on here. Many thanks .

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
As long as the purchase from eBay was from a registered Samsung retailer AND the device was meant to be sold in that region, then yeah, you should b e able to take it in under warranty if it's still within the year from purchase. If it's a phone from a different region, said region would have to process the warranty (not Samsung UK) and not sure the eBay receipt would work as proof of purchase since they usually deter gray market units (the IMEI should work for warranty purposes, but then it would begin the time count from date of manufacturing instead of date of purchase).

dazkil2103

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
As long as the purchase from eBay was from a registered Samsung retailer AND the device was meant to be sold in that region, then yeah, you should b e able to take it in under warranty if it's still within the year from purchase. If it's a phone from a different region, said region would have to process the warranty (not Samsung UK) and not sure the eBay receipt would work as proof of purchase since they usually deter gray market units (the IMEI should work for warranty purposes, but then it would begin the time count from date of manufacturing instead of date of purchase).
Many thanks for your help .

dazkil2103

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Apparently as I bought it second hand Samsung have nowt to do with it now
deeb8c20e674ed17f997515374c68a3b.jpg

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
That's pretty sh*t tbh. The warranty should be covered by Samsung for it's duration regardless of how it's been transferred. For what it's worth though C.E.X are decent with their warranty and returns policy and they should at least swap it for a same grade and condition phone you return. That's probably a better option than going through Samsung themselves for a repair because they use Anovo UK to repair their phones here unless you specifically walk into a Samsung Repair Centre. Just Google Anovo if you want to see what you'd be letting yourself in for going that route. I found out the hard way several times

dazkil2103

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
That's pretty sh*t tbh. The warranty should be covered by Samsung for it's duration regardless of how it's been transferred. For what it's worth though C.E.X are decent with their warranty and returns policy and they should at least swap it for a same grade and condition phone you return. That's probably a better option than going through Samsung themselves for a repair because they use Anovo UK to repair their phones here unless you specifically walk into a Samsung Repair Centre. Just Google Anovo if you want to see what you'd be letting yourself in for going that route. I found out the hard way several times
Thanks for the information. I bought off eBay so obviously the other person bought second hand from C. E. X do you think if I take it to the store it was purchased from or any C. E. X store they would swap?

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the information. I bought off eBay so obviously the other person bought second hand from C. E. X do you think if I take it to the store it was purchased from or any C. E. X store they would swap?

Definitely worth a try. You have the phone and proof of purchase from them so that should be all you need for an exchange.

dazkil2103

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Didn't work. I went to C.E.X and they said it has to be me who purchased from there or it doesn't count !Really annoying. Repairs for the S8 plus are mega expensive. I'm probably cynical but I'm sure companies make stuff not to last so they make money off repairs

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Didn't work. I went to C.E.X and they said it has to be me who purchased from there or it doesn't count !Really annoying. Repairs for the S8 plus are mega expensive. I'm probably cynical but I'm sure companies make stuff not to last so they make money off repairs

That sucks. Still can't believe Samsung wouldn't honour the warranty. That's another area Apple have Samsung whooped as they would repair the phone no matter how many times it changed hands within the warranty period. That and their customer service could teach Samsung a lot.

dazkil2103

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Yep Dov same LG which I bought off ebay. When I had the dreaded loop boot problem all I did was ring with my imei number .They picked phone up from house and only had it a day fixed and free, great service. I expected Samsung to be same. I'll be back to LG next time as customer service counts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay