Oreo 8 rolling out now, just got it

filanto

May 19, 2016
Visit site
anyone having trouble with S8 Verizon update? I haven't taken the plunge yet but it's available to me. I am also using nova launcher.

Only issue I had was I waited till 11:15 pm and no update until this morning. Oh I get up at 4:30 am. I'm loving it so far

CraftyMe2323

Mar 11, 2018
Visit site
anyone having trouble with S8 Verizon update? I haven't taken the plunge yet but it's available to me. I am also using nova launcher.

I personally absolutely HATE the notifications in Oreo. See my other thread. I'm strongly considering reverting back to Nougat because of this. Very irritated with all the persistent, nonsensical notifications that you can't swipe away, you can only snooze them. Absolutely ludicrous.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
My wife's S8+ T-Mobile still on Nougat is getting the Oreo (1.5+ GB) update now.

My S8+ T-Mobile on Beta Oreo is getting a 350+ MB update now.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Looks like I got the official version. I no longer see the "Beta software" notification when rebooting the phone

NJ Fred

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I carry two S8+ phones. My Verizon updated yesterday. My Sprint just minutes ago (3-17-18 at 10:20am EDT).

No problems with either.

West Palm Beach, FL.

neo158

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I like it so far. Definitely more responsive, and I'm already noticing a difference with battery life, though time will tell.

However, I do not like the persistent notification I'm getting while running swipe navigation. Any ideas how to turn this notification off without turning off the ability for this to be active over other apps? I never had this issue on nougat. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Glad you're liking Oreo, it's the version of Android that brought me back to the platform.

Swipe the notification and you'll see a cog that allows you to adjust the settings for that notification including turning it off altogether. Not all notifications let you turn them off though and some allow you to turn off certain notifications and leave others enabled.

Last edited: