How are you finding Oreo?

Wbutchart

May 27, 2016
Visit site
As most of us are now recieving the update, what are you noticing with your phone running it? Any cool new features or changes you are finding helpful?

One thing I've noticed is the phone seems faster. My phone never felt slow but it feels faster and somehow smoother, especially on the home screen. Not really noticed any new features.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Was in the Beta with my S8, though I now have a non-oreo unlocked S8 Plus.
On the final beta build, the phone ran silky smooth and yes, peppier all around. Most of the changes were "under the hood".
2 small things I look forward to getting back when my Plus updates are the ability to unlock from AOD with OK Google and the ability to theme lock screen clock. Little things but nice.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Was in the Beta with my S8, though I now have a non-oreo unlocked S8 Plus.
On the final beta build, the phone ran silky smooth and yes, peppier all around. Most of the changes were "under the hood".
2 small things I look forward to getting back when my Plus updates are the ability to unlock from AOD with OK Google and the ability to theme lock screen clock. Little things but nice.
The big changes are nice but for me it's always the little things that make or break things. The little things add up and can make a significant difference in the end. I think between Google and Samsung the latest devices are pretty darn good. Well put together.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
2 other small things I miss from the beta... Being able to use a "list view" instead of "card view" in recents and using pin without hitting "ok". Like I said, it's the little things I miss from the beta.

CraftyMe2323

Mar 11, 2018
Visit site
2 other small things I miss from the beta... Being able to use a "list view" instead of "card view" in recents and using pin without hitting "ok". Like I said, it's the little things I miss from the beta.

Idk about the pin, but you can still use list view in resents.

Edit: sorry, didn't read your earlier post before responding to your latest. You're still on nougat, that's why you said that lol my bad

Hey AC... how about give us the option to delete our own posts...

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Love all of the new features in Oreo including new opinion for text messaging. I did notice my aod is missing its color mesh background. Went into settings to see if I could get it back but didn't see an option for aod backgrounds. Anyone know how to do this or did they remove this feature?

J

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Are you holding the power and down volume button together?

J

I was but apparently not quick enough together. Tried it again just now and it worked. I think maybe I needed to update one of samsungs image programs because after updating almost all of them in the galaxy app, it needed a permissions request checked after doing the screen shot.

What I wanted to shoot was this... this is why I so much wanted oreo. :)

supported codecs.jpg

Man that is just beautiful. Oh..i am also finding that the 5ghz wifi issue I had before where I kept disconnecting and I had to switch to 2.4ghz on my local network is fixed. No disconnect yet on 5ghz.

CraftyMe2323

Mar 11, 2018
Visit site
I was but apparently not quick enough together. Tried it again just now and it worked. I think maybe I needed to update one of samsungs image programs because after updating almost all of them in the galaxy app, it needed a permissions request checked after doing the screen shot.

What I wanted to shoot was this... this is why I so much wanted oreo. :)

View attachment 280982

Man that is just beautiful. Oh..i am also finding that the 5ghz wifi issue I had before where I kept disconnecting and I had to switch to 2.4ghz on my local network is fixed. No disconnect yet on 5ghz.

So LDAC is the best option here? I'm not terribly familiar this stuff, I just knew the inclusion of these settings in Oreo was a big deal. And there's some other Bluetooth settings right under that one in developer settings. Any recommendations there for optimizing sound quality? Much appreciated man! Thanks for bringing this to our attention, it's quite helpful for those of us who love music and listen over Bluetooth in our cars but don't know much about the technical side of things.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Ldac devices usually support 32bit 96khz and sets itself to that by default. Since all my files are 16bit 44khz I actually manually set that so that I am not wasting data rate efficiency on something that won't increase quality any. Saddly they reset every time I reconnect the headphones. I also manually set 600kbit mode because auto won't tell you what it is using and 600 should be more than enough for a lossless recompress of 192kbit audio.

socialillz

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I got my S8+ on day one and it has never failed me or disappointed me. It was smooth and responsive before the Oreo update and now it's even better. I feel like my S8+ got a supercharge. I don't see myself needing an upgrade now.
I'm very frenetic with my phone. I open and close apps like a mad man and have had no issues. The Oreo update is fantastic. It could be the best update of an OS that Samsung has ever had.

CraftyMe2323

Mar 11, 2018
Visit site
Ldac devices usually support 32bit 96khz and sets itself to that by default. Since all my files are 16bit 44khz I actually manually set that so that I am not wasting data rate efficiency on something that won't increase quality any. Saddly they reset every time I reconnect the headphones. I also manually set 600kbit mode because auto won't tell you what it is using and 600 should be more than enough for a lossless recompress of 192kbit audio.

Cool, thanks for the explanation!

malenki22

May 21, 2016
Visit site
Well for me mixed feelings, basic things like notification badges are gone once you dismiss in notification panel, do like the shortcut option when you hold email / messages icons also others, camera full view button, but I had to go to Nova launcher and tesla to get the basic, very strange what they did. I do hope this will get sorted soon and I'm sure there is lot more new futures that I didn't explore yet.

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
disappointed that Samsung didn't update their camera filter like portrait mode since we all know it doesn't need 2 cameras to do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs