S8 Plus drain rate landed all over across many tests

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello,

I'm still having a problem with my drain rate for 3 months now.

I have tried to disable apps and settings in many combinations, but the drain rate doesn't seem to be affected much.

The variables are AOD, WiFi, different WiFi routers, 4G, 3G, safe mode, airplane mode, two SIM cards from the same provider, two different SD cards different speed rate. Combinations of these variables always give drain rate of more than 2% per hour. All tests were done in standby mode.

Example of the tests I ran:

sd sim wifi 4g airplane drain
- v - v - 2.3
- v - v - 2.6
- v - - - 2
- v v - - 2.8
- - v - - 2.8
v - v - - 2.2

My last test was to pull out both SIM and SD cards, WiFi off, AOD off. High accuracy for location. Not in safe mode. Not in airplane mode. Overnight it drains at 0.1% per hour. I concluded the phone is physically free of defects.

Please notice the screenshot of GSAM chart. What is that active signal that keeps going on in the background? The only way to stop it is to pull both cards and disable WiFi, and the drain rate downed to 0.1% per hour.

Samsung service center suggested me to try airplane mode and safe mode, but both tests failed at drain rate between 2% - 3%+ per hour.

What could possibly have I missed?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Check each app for background data permissions. If you turn them all off, the only thing left is the Phone app. If you have a weak mobile signal, it drains more battery when it lets the tower know it's still there.

Also. make sure that your email accounts are all set to 0 for the refresh interval - that's Push service, so the email program won't be calling the server periodically.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma