Battery on Oreo

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I hope this isn't the start of a bad trend -- I couldn't even get through a full day with normal use after the update versus previously on nougat with no habit pattern changes -- nothing, not even 8pm and I'm down to 14%...... Anyone else?

Wbutchart

May 27, 2016
Visit site
Might be something up. I was just coming on to say the opposite, my battery is lasting much longer, freakishly longer than what it was before.

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I would not say mine last longer. It seems to be different than Nougat for sure. Maybe it needs time to adjust a bit with all the changes. I have had it for about 3 days now and I am getting mixed results so not able to make full decision if it is better or worse.

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
It has been almost a year now with my S8+.. I used to be able to get through the day before it dies. Now I have to charge it by 5 or 6 pm or won't make it through the day. Hopefully, Oreo gives better battery life but I doubt it. I'm on AT&T, so I haven't received Oreo update yet.

Shon123

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
It has been almost a year now with my S8+.. I used to be able to get through the day before it dies. Now I have to charge it by 5 or 6 pm or won't make it through the day. Hopefully, Oreo gives better battery life but I doubt it. I'm on AT&T, so I haven't received Oreo update yet.

Same! I have an S8 on AT&T, battery life has been great for about a year but I've noticed these last few days I've had to charge it around 5 or 6pm which is a first. But I'm waiting until I get home and update to Oreo on WiFi so hopefully this will change!

CraftyMe2323

Mar 11, 2018
Visit site
Yep, battery life has been awful after the Oreo update for me. I factory reset and started fresh like I always do after a major update. Strongly considering going back to nougat if that's possible. Had much better battery life with nougat, maybe because I was still able to theme with substratum and murder everything out. That's another reason I want to go back. Anyone know if it's possible to get back on nougat?

Thomasmeisch

Aug 26, 2017
Visit site
I have had the complete opposite experience, before Oreo update my estimated battery life was 18 hours, after update (a week's worth of use) it's now 23 hours. Essentially at the end of my work day I was at thirty 25-30% now I'm at 40-45 percent after a full day of work!!
Love the boost in battery life.
I am using S8+ AT&T.

SL2

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
Still haven't upgraded, Most of the time I charge every second day and still manages to keep the battery between 20 - 85 %.

I'm pretty sure that wont happen if I upgrade. Those who thinks the battery time is great with Oreo didn't think so with Nougat, apparently.

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Interesting. I've never really had battery problems with any of my Galaxy phones. This includes the S6 Edge which has a much smaller battery. My battery is killer on this S8+. Even better with Oreo. Check settings.

Thomasmeisch

Aug 26, 2017
Visit site
I was happy with battery life on Nougat, just happy I'm getting even better results with Oreo.
definitely check what apps are running too most of the time battery drain after an update like this can be pinpointed to Apps not working as efficiently as they were simple app setting tweaks can change that.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
My battery life has been great. Maybe a little better actually. I had 4 hours screen on time the other day before bed and had 39% left. Heavy usage, too. Standard S8. Screenshot_20180320-220521_Settings.jpg

canthoine

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I had two days with poor battery life but I realised that I needed to update 17 apps. after that I am only loosing maybe 25% or 30% threw the day that is slightly better for me