Unlocking after Oreo results in "Complete action using" notification ..

AvidForm

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
S8+ .. just updated to Oreo this AM .. since update each time phone is unlocked with fingerprint or pin, I get an annoying pop up at the bottom of the screen that says ..

"Complete action using .. "Samsung Health", New tag scanned", "New tag scanned""

(I have no idea what this New Tag Scanned thing is.)

I can't figure out what setting is causing this .. I use Nova Launcher .. tried changing back to default Samsung launcher, but no change.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Screenshot_20180322-135834_Nfc Service.jpg

AvidForm

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Rebooting is SAFE MODE still results in this issue .. I see that other users over on the Samsung Forums are reporting this same problem after the Oreo update. Sadly that support forum is mostly useless. So again .. wondering if anyone here has any advise.

Thanks in advance.

AvidForm

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Under SETTINGS>>CONNECTIONS>>NFC and turn off NFC.

After that .. the popup issue disappears. Re-enable NFC and the problem returns.

NFC must be enabled for Samsung Pay to function properly, so this is not a solution .. but it does point to the issue.

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
"NFC must be enabled for Samsung Pay to function properly, so this is not a solution .. but it does point to the issue."
NFC is not required to use Samsung Pay. Have it turned off and use Samsung Pay daily.
If turning NFC off fixes your issue, keep it off. Won't hurt Samsung Pay use a bit. If you Meant Google (Android) Pay, then yes, NFC must be turned on.

Last edited:

gtows

Mar 28, 2018
Visit site
I'm getting this problem too on my S8 since updating at the weekend - driving me mental! Will turn off NFC except when needed - thanks! Would be delighted to hear if there's a permanent fix though.

A

Android Central Question

S8 how to disable "Complete action using" pop up

Complete action use pop seems to appear pretty much on every app I open. Its pops up when Im writing message etc. the only options it gives me it to make a new tag or a secure tag. How do I disable this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: S8 how to disable "Complete action using" pop up

Welcome to Android Central! Does this happen if you turn off NFC?

PLStonewall

Apr 2, 2018
Visit site

Complete action use pop seems to appear pretty much on every app I open. Its pops up when Im writing message etc. the only options it gives me it to make a new tag or a secure tag. How do I disable this?

I have the same thing just started happening. I have turned off NFC but haven't had chance to see if it makes any difference yet. Pain as I use NFC.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Go to Settings>Apps, then tap Menu>Show System, and look for Tags. If you see it there, try Disabling it.

Jer902

Apr 5, 2018
Visit site
I've been experiencing this issue as well for the past week since my S8+ updated to Oreo. It did indeed stop after turning off NFC but this wasn't ideal. I've narrowed this down further, when NFC is enabled and my phone isn't in its case I don't get the complete action using popup. This was because I keep my mastercard in the card slot of my case and it uses chip technology which is trying to be read by NFC on phone unlock.

Michael Bieniek

Apr 5, 2018
Visit site

Do you have a card with a chip next to your phone? I have a wallet case and this issue started happening with Oreo. When I remove my card, no more popup. Hope this helps.

Arcticus12

Apr 16, 2018
Visit site

Go to Settings>Apps, then tap Menu>Show System, and look for Tags. If you see it there, try Disabling it.

The 'Disable' button is disabled for me. Is there any way I can give myself access to disable Tags so that this notification doesn't appear all the time?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately not, at least from the native settings. The ability to Disable an app is decided at the system level. You could try using Package Disabler Pro, but it's not available on Google Play -- you'd have to install the apk, which always carries a little bit of risk if you're not getting it from a reliable site.

LinkLonk

Apr 16, 2018
Visit site
Ho, i am a boy from sweden and i am 14 years old. I think i know why this happens all the time when you log in to your phone. I tried if the cards i have in my phone holder had anything to do with it. And i noticed that it was only my travel and my gym card that got it to activate the "complete action" thing. So my tip is to try remove your cards from your phone holder and try which cards that it works with. I never get these pop ups and more.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel