01-19-2019 10:53 AM
34 12
tools
    S8+ .. just updated to Oreo this AM .. since update each time phone is unlocked with fingerprint or pin, I get an annoying pop up at the bottom of the screen that says ..

"Complete action using .. "Samsung Health", New tag scanned", "New tag scanned""

(I have no idea what this New Tag Scanned thing is.)

I can't figure out what setting is causing this .. I use Nova Launcher .. tried changing back to default Samsung launcher, but no change.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Unlocking after Oreo results in "Complete action using" notification ..-screenshot_20180322-135834_nfc-service.jpg
    fenestrong and Alexbestoloci like this.
    03-22-2018 03:16 PM
    Rebooting is SAFE MODE still results in this issue .. I see that other users over on the Samsung Forums are reporting this same problem after the Oreo update. Sadly that support forum is mostly useless. So again .. wondering if anyone here has any advise.

Thanks in advance.
    03-22-2018 07:57 PM
    Under SETTINGS>>CONNECTIONS>>NFC and turn off NFC.

After that .. the popup issue disappears. Re-enable NFC and the problem returns.

NFC must be enabled for Samsung Pay to function properly, so this is not a solution .. but it does point to the issue.
    03-22-2018 10:28 PM
    Factory Reset .. and the issue returns after reinstalling. Wow!

(Hard to believe I am alone experiencing this issue.)
    03-23-2018 12:40 AM
    very hard to believe, I'm sure someone has run in to this issue as well. hopefully they see the thread
    03-26-2018 02:23 PM
    "NFC must be enabled for Samsung Pay to function properly, so this is not a solution .. but it does point to the issue."
    NFC is not required to use Samsung Pay. Have it turned off and use Samsung Pay daily.
    If turning NFC off fixes your issue, keep it off. Won't hurt Samsung Pay use a bit. If you Meant Google (Android) Pay, then yes, NFC must be turned on.
    sweetypie31 and badcat like this.
    03-26-2018 07:40 PM
    I'm getting this problem too on my S8 since updating at the weekend - driving me mental! Will turn off NFC except when needed - thanks! Would be delighted to hear if there's a permanent fix though.
    03-28-2018 11:43 AM
    Exact same issue and half-fix with my S8+, updated today.
    03-29-2018 05:19 PM
    Complete action use pop seems to appear pretty much on every app I open. Its pops up when Im writing message etc. the only options it gives me it to make a new tag or a secure tag. How do I disable this?
    03-29-2018 08:29 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does this happen if you turn off NFC?
    03-30-2018 01:12 PM
    Complete action use pop seems to appear pretty much on every app I open. Its pops up when Im writing message etc. the only options it gives me it to make a new tag or a secure tag. How do I disable this?
    I have the same thing just started happening. I have turned off NFC but haven't had chance to see if it makes any difference yet. Pain as I use NFC.
    Teggles likes this.
    04-02-2018 06:42 AM
    I also have this problem, so annoying
    04-02-2018 11:01 PM
    It started as soon as i got the new update
    04-02-2018 11:01 PM
    Go to Settings>Apps, then tap Menu>Show System, and look for Tags. If you see it there, try Disabling it.
    04-03-2018 01:55 AM
    I've been experiencing this issue as well for the past week since my S8+ updated to Oreo. It did indeed stop after turning off NFC but this wasn't ideal. I've narrowed this down further, when NFC is enabled and my phone isn't in its case I don't get the complete action using popup. This was because I keep my mastercard in the card slot of my case and it uses chip technology which is trying to be read by NFC on phone unlock.
    badcat, recDNA and Rukbat like this.
    04-05-2018 07:31 AM
    Do you have a card with a chip next to your phone? I have a wallet case and this issue started happening with Oreo. When I remove my card, no more popup. Hope this helps.
    badcat, recDNA and Rukbat like this.
    04-05-2018 07:58 AM
    I merged two similar threads.
    04-05-2018 11:32 PM
    Go to Settings>Apps, then tap Menu>Show System, and look for Tags. If you see it there, try Disabling it.
    The 'Disable' button is disabled for me. Is there any way I can give myself access to disable Tags so that this notification doesn't appear all the time?
    04-16-2018 12:55 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately not, at least from the native settings. The ability to Disable an app is decided at the system level. You could try using Package Disabler Pro, but it's not available on Google Play -- you'd have to install the apk, which always carries a little bit of risk if you're not getting it from a reliable site.
    04-16-2018 11:21 AM
    Ho, i am a boy from sweden and i am 14 years old. I think i know why this happens all the time when you log in to your phone. I tried if the cards i have in my phone holder had anything to do with it. And i noticed that it was only my travel and my gym card that got it to activate the "complete action" thing. So my tip is to try remove your cards from your phone holder and try which cards that it works with. I never get these pop ups and more.
    04-16-2018 04:04 PM
    Thanks LinkLonk, it actually worked for me. I started to face this problem a day before yesterday and tried everything possible. I even talked to customer support of samsung , it was useless. They made me to reset phone to factory setting. After 24 hours the problem is back. Now reading this thread, I removed all the cards and no more pops up. It resolved the problem immediately. Really someone need to teach those support services. Thanks buddy!
    04-16-2018 06:37 PM
    I'm having the exact same problem since I installed the latest update yesterday! The 'complete action using...' pop up is driving me up the wall. I turned off NFC and this seems to have stopped it (at least for now).
    04-16-2018 07:13 PM
    Factory Reset .. and the issue returns after reinstalling. Wow!

(Hard to believe I am alone experiencing this issue.)
    You are not alone with this issue!!! I have been experiencing the smae problem and I am ready to throw my phone at a wall. I haven't found any answers or suggestions yet despite my active looking.

But, no. You are not alone.
    04-16-2018 11:12 PM
    I'm having the exact same problem since I installed the latest update yesterday! The 'complete action using...' pop up is driving me up the wall. I turned off NFC and this seems to have stopped it (at least for now).
    What did you do and how?

It briefly stopped (for maybe 20 mins) after I restarted my phone, but now it is doing it even more than before. Originally it was jsut when I was opening my phone with my fingerprint. Now it won't stop when I am using apps like instagram or my email.
    04-16-2018 11:14 PM
    I am experiencing the same miserable thing on two very different devices: My Google Pixel C tablet, running Oreo and my Moto G4 phone running Nougat (Android 7.0, Feb 1, '18 security patch).

The weird thing is this: The pop-up almost always wants to open one of my device's media players (Google Play, Podcast Addict, MX Player Pro, etc.). And it is much worse on my beautiful Pixel C with Oreo! It repeats over and over and over before it quits and I regain control of the tablet. The phone does it frequently, but the pop-up isn't as stubbornly persistent. I hope someone figures this out soon, because I've been using that tablet as a nice little laptop replacement (w/Bluetooth keyboard). It was great, but now it's starting to get in the way.

What did you do and how?

It briefly stopped (for maybe 20 mins) after I restarted my phone, but now it is doing it even more than before. Originally it was jsut when I was opening my phone with my fingerprint. Now it won't stop when I am using apps like instagram or my email.
    04-20-2018 01:09 AM
34 12