I've tried searching around this forum, but I cannot seem to find a thread where email apps are discussed. I currently use the default Samsung email app (S8+ on Verizon) for work. What are you using and why do you like it?

Thank you, everyone.
    03-24-2018 04:40 PM
    Default app is best in my opinion, but Nine is also equally as good.
    03-24-2018 04:43 PM
    if you have multiple accounts or use it for work and have a lot of emails you might be best to buy a good client. nine, k9, inbox, aqua mail, whatever the one Microsoft is called, are all highly rated. but if you have a single account where you don't check much, Gmail or stock Samsung are great. if you need encryption try proton mail.
    03-24-2018 04:58 PM
    I use TypeApp
    03-24-2018 05:07 PM
    I use Nine and have found it to be very reliable. Works well with Outlook and Exchange accounts. The stock Samsung wasn't bad either.
    03-24-2018 05:08 PM
    BlackBerry Hub. Best around.
    Bfalcon1 and rick0415 like this.
    03-24-2018 08:12 PM
    I use TypeApp
    Same here. Great app! Been using it for a while. Very reliable with multiple email types, and great theme options too (all blacked out for amoled is awesome!)
    03-24-2018 08:41 PM
    Much appreciated, everyone. I'll investigate those apps that were mentioned.
    03-25-2018 02:59 PM
    BlackBerry Hub the best
    04-22-2018 08:11 PM
    I use Gmail for a solo Gmail account and two Yahoo accounts. I have used it since the s5 and have enjoyed it.
    04-22-2018 10:50 PM
    Another vote for Blackberry Hub. Organizes email, phone calls, calendar appointments, text messages, and some app notifications all in one place. Can't be beat in my opinion.
    04-23-2018 12:05 AM
    Using BlackBerry Hub here as well.
    04-23-2018 12:54 AM
    I too love the BlackBerry Hub for Android however my corporate Exchange doesn't seem to cooperate very well with it so I use Outlook for Android... But only for email.
    04-23-2018 01:03 AM
    Wow. There's a lot of us closet BlackBerry people on this site. Ha ha.
    mmcclure0453 and Bfalcon1 like this.
    04-23-2018 09:27 PM
    I think the Samsung email app is pretty good. I also like Nine, however, I don't use it since I don't want to pay.

I have switched to Microsoft's Outlook app. The Microsoft app totally sucked awhile back, however, after giving it another try It's now a solid choice.
    04-23-2018 11:41 PM
    Wow. There's a lot of us closet BlackBerry people on this site. Ha ha.
    I only got my S8 late last year, coming from a Z10. It's still in use as a wi-fi only device that my 9 year old uses as sort of a mini tablet.
    mmcclure0453 and Just TM like this.
    04-23-2018 11:45 PM
    I use Samsung email app and sometimes Type App
    04-24-2018 02:29 AM
    I have switched to Microsoft's Outlook app. The Microsoft app totally sucked awhile back, however, after giving it another try It's now a solid choice.
    That's funny because based on my experience (in February) Outlook was a total disaster : no notifications when e-mail was received, no badge and the worst of all contacts was vanishing into thin air (Outlook app with Outlook account)

It's a shame because otherwise it's nice and easy to use.

I'm using Nine since I switched to android from Windows phone and its worth every currency I spend for it. It's now even better than it was as it also support Gmail (very basic support; mail only and no push)
    badcat likes this.
    04-24-2018 05:29 AM
    Nine is easy to set up and everything works well. That came from a recommendation on here.

If there is one niggle, and it might be my fat fingers or the edge screen on these phones, it's quite hard to tap-select without opening an email with full accuracy. You seem to have to tap exactly in the centre of quite a small circle and I seem to miss about 50% of the time.

Likewise, deleting emails without opening them is tricky. You can swipe to reveal the delete function but more often than not tapping that opens the email rather than delete it unless you tap with a sort of right-sliding motion.
    04-24-2018 10:48 AM
    it might be my fat fingers or the edge screen on these phones, it's quite hard to tap-select .../... You seem to have to tap exactly in the centre of quite a small circle
    Actually you can also long press on the e-mail to select it. Then you are in select mode and you can type on the circles of other mail to be selected.

Likewise, deleting emails without opening them is tricky. You can swipe to reveal the delete function but more often than not tapping that opens the email rather than delete it unless you tap with a sort of right-sliding motion.
    The way I resolve this is by allowing only delete for the swipe to the right and read/unread for the swipe to the left, so it's a swipe only, not swipe and type. (and also not the most needed feature : when you swipe to delete the mail, it's also marked as read, and it does sync read/unread status, even Windows Mail on the desktop doesn't)
    badcat likes this.
    04-25-2018 05:08 AM
    Ooh, thanks for that - I'll have a play with the settings.
    04-25-2018 06:10 AM
    I used to swear by BlueMail and had 12 accounts set up there. But I grew weary of deleting dead or unwanted emails from my addressbook, only to have BlueMail keep serving the deleted email as the primary suggested contacts instead of the undeleted contacts when I was sending out email. BlueMail used to be responsive to help ticket requests, but they no longer are.

Now If I could just prevent txt messages from also arriving in my email inbox? or figure out how to enter my aliases in my default account...?

I'm now using the default Samsung email with
    11-30-2018 01:43 PM
    I used to swear by BlueMail and had 12 accounts set up there. But I grew weary of deleting dead or unwanted emails from my addressbook, only to have BlueMail keep serving the deleted email as the primary suggested contacts instead of the undeleted contacts when I was sending out email. BlueMail used to be responsive to help ticket requests, but they no longer are.

Now If I could just prevent txt messages from also arriving in my email inbox? or figure out how to enter my aliases in my default account...?

I'm now using the default Samsung email with
    BlackBerry Hub. Best around.
    Blackberry Hub also
    Yesterday 06:21 PM