How To Downgrade From OREO To Nougat

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi my note 8 is new zealand bought. Which stock firmware should i download to downgrade the phone from oreo to the official one. If its possible could you please send me the link and how to do it. Thanks
Based on my experience, once you update to an unofficial version, you're pretty well stuck at updating that way going forward. I spent many hours trying all sorts of ways being recommended to me some pretty savy users! In the end, I was never able to return to the original AT&T carrier version. You can certainly go back to Nougat, just not the carrier version!

JamesKsx

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Grat article and help! I have been following to the letter on an S7 Edge, no luck, keep getting the Cm sw rev check fail device 3 binary 2 message. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks!!

mark7914

Jan 19, 2018
Visit site
As well as installing the earlier OS you'll also need to disable updates or it will probably begin nagging about them again before long. There are only so many times you can keep tapping "LATER" to dismiss the forced dialog box it throws up before you feel like getting a different phone as this one is then hard to live with.

The "Developer Options" thing ("Auto Update System" = No) doesn't work, confirmed by Samsung - the settings will be ignored. There's also another setting which turns off Automatic Downloads. Again, confirmed - the setting is useless and will be ignored.

You'll need to install BK Package Disabler and block a number of things including and especially "Software Update".

This will indeed prevent the phone from looking for any further updates.

There is a particular sequence you need to do this in. If anyone needs help let me know and I'll see if I can remember precisely how I managed it.

JamesKsx

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! Any idea what might be stopping me getting the Nougat OS installed in the first place? Would appreciate any help!! have read that Samsung prevents downgrading, any truth in that?
Cheers, James

Last edited:

TruantGamer

Apr 23, 2018
Visit site
Am I understanding this thread correctly, because I was under the impression this wasnt possible. We are able to downgrade from oreo back to nougat? Even on snapdragon phones?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12