I had this annoying lock screen that would pop up every time I plugged my phone in to charge. It had a super big charge % at the top and random ads that would pop up that I could not get rid of despite trying everything.

I finally found the answer on a Samsung forum. The annoying lock screen, which was called "smart charging," was actually a setting in a flashlight app I had downloaded called Super bright flashlight, I believe. If you open that flashlight app and go into settings, you see the option to turn smart charging off.
    Who would have known!

You can also turn the setting off by tapping the 3 dots in the top right corner of the annoying lock screen. I believe it turns itself back on though after a few, so I would just recommend uninstalling it. You don't need it anyways. The S8 comes with a built in flashlight in the notification bar.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-26-2018 06:25 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Thanks for the tip -- 3rd party flashlight apps are a very common source of adware, and some have also been known to have malware. It's one of the more common scams which is easily avoidable, since almost all Android devices have a native flashlight toggle in the Quick Settings.

If you really want a 3rd party flashlight app, pay close attention to the permissions it requests. It should only need access to your Camera, since the LED flash is part of the camera. If it's also requesting access to your contacts, storage, phone, etc., then avoid it like the plague.
    03-26-2018 10:13 AM