S8: Audio stuttering when using wired earbuds?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I've had my Galaxy S8 since around July 2017 and have only had one issue with it not turning on, but that was easily solvable. Anyway, on to my issue.

It started 2 days ago. Whenever I play audio with Google Play Music through my AUX earbuds, it stutters (it sounds like someone is pressing play+pause very fast). However, it only does this when the screen hasn't been doing anything for sometime, or when the screen is off. It works perfectly fine if I'm typing or doing something on the screen, or if I don't have earbuds in.

I know it isn't an issue with the earbuds since they work fine on other devices, such as my 3Ds. I think it's an issue with my actual headphone jack.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated :)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If it's an issue with the jack, the jack needs to be replaced. It's that simple. (A part that sells for 99 cents retail can't be repaired - it's not designed to be.)

bmorlock

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it's the audio jack. If it was why would the screen being on fix the problem. Mine is doing the same exact thing. Not 100% sure but it seems it started after I updated to Oreo.

Kalo187

Apr 21, 2018
Visit site
It's got nothing to do with the jack. It's only been happening since this last update. Wired headphones. Every kind of set. I'm in electronics and I have never heard a failed jack sound anything like this stuttering. It is clearly a update problem that is creating some kind time lag with the audio wave

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
You need to go to battery settings and tell it not to restrict the focus of your music player when the phone tries to sleep.

jaybird210

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
i tried the battery setting to exclude from monitoring, but still had the stuttering. turning off UHQ seemed to do the trick for me. then after turning it back on it was still fine. not sure what in the UHQ setting is different between nougat and oreo, but mine also started acting up only after it was updated to oreo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae