I use Linux as my main computer OS and have some spreadsheet files I want to copy into my s8 secure folder. The file-type of the spreadsheets is .ods.

In Linux I use LibreOffice Calc to open and edit these files. LibreOffice is available for Android and I have tried it.

I encounter two problems:

1. When searching for the spreadsheets to add they are not found because .ods files are not recognised by Android.

1a. The only workaround is to first rename the files as .txt, move them and rename back to .ods when in the secure folder. (having installed LibraOffice there too.)

2. On opening the spread sheets in the secure folder using LibraOffice I find the data is far to small to read and it is not possible to enlarge unless I use 4 taps to zoom. The whole sheet then cannot be scrolled around.

I have tried free OpenOffice Reader but although this works nice normally, in the secure folder it complains that it cannot access Google Apps billing!

Can anyone suggest a free app or an app which after testing can be bought which works in the s8 secure folder and does not need internet access?
    03-30-2018 04:50 PM