Oreo update

sakae

Oct 30, 2017
Visit site
Hi all I've been using my S8 since the start of the new year and upgraded to Oreo recently and I'm really enjoying the Samsung experience
As this is my first Android device I'm not sure how the updates work.
So I've found a couple of things that don't seem to function properly.
The first is notifications not notifying as they did, can't get rid of frames on the icons and Smart lock doesn't work.
I've seen these mentioned in the forums with no fix, so my question is how long does it take Samsung to put these things right?
Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the Oreo forum to the S8 forum, since it's more of a device-specific issue.

neo158

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi all I've been using my S8 since the start of the new year and upgraded to Oreo recently and I'm really enjoying the Samsung experience
As this is my first Android device I'm not sure how the updates work.
So I've found a couple of things that don't seem to function properly.
The first is notifications not notifying as they did, can't get rid of frames on the icons and Smart lock doesn't work.
I've seen these mentioned in the forums with no fix, so my question is how long does it take Samsung to put these things right?
Thanks

Generally Samsung will take longer than HMD Global or Google to update their phones as Samsung add an awful lot of their own software on top of the standard OS. So you might see a fix a couple of months after other devices.