I've tyred the reset by holding the power and volume button loads of times and occasionally it comes up with the galaxy s8+ logo but then the screen just goes black again and nothing happens
    04-04-2018 12:56 PM
    Have you tried booting up into recovery mode and clearing cache? Power + Volume Down for like 5 seconds is just a hard reset; if there's still an OS problem, it will just continue to boot loop. Power + Volume up should take you to recovery (just can't remember if you're supposed to let go of the volume button at some point as a certain combo boots up into Safe Mode, which you can also try).
    04-04-2018 01:57 PM
    This has just happened to my S8+ today. Screen went dead but phone was still responding - could hear clicks, led was blinking. I could reboot it but the screen remained black. Recovery mode did not work.

Talked to Samsung, needs to be looked at. Ugh.

What the hell? Phone wasn't' doing anything when it happened. Working fine all day, no issues. This is unbelievable.
    05-19-2018 07:58 PM
    Follow up: my S8+ seems to have come back to life this morning. Not sure how. I think the battery ended up draining overnight as I left it off the charger. I plugged it in this morning and it came back on. Very strange.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    05-20-2018 07:45 AM