Heya everyone, I'm at a complete loss here so any ideas would be appreciated.

About 4 days ago I fast charged my S8 to about 70% via the in box charger. That night the phone was about 25% and when I plugged the charger back in the phone didn't give any haptic feedback or notification and basically didn't even recognize the charger was inserted.

I've tried different chargers, different cables. I had some success charging the phone from a USB outlet without the power brick but this is also hit and miss. The phone will wirelessly charge.

Last night the phone recognized the original charger again but would not fast charge and only charged to about 97% and then stopped and wouldn't recognize the charger being inserted again.

I have rebooted the phone, rebooted it in safe mode to make sure it's not a 3rd party application doing this, cleared the USB cache, tried different power bricks and cables.

The phone has never been near water but I have gotten the moisture detected warning but that was for one day and has stopped now but the overall problem still remains. Sorry for the long post.

Thanks everyone.
    04-12-2018 05:53 AM
    It looks like you've ruled out most everything but a hardware fault in the phone itself. I.e. A bad USB port. So at this point I'd start looking into repair or replacing it.
    04-12-2018 06:27 AM