I had an s8+ upgrade recently and over the last week, photos have been disappearing from my gallery in huge chunks. These include taken photos and downloaded photos from my Google Photos or Google Plus page. I've downloaded some twice just to be sure and it keeps happening. Has anyone else had this?
    04-14-2018 02:55 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are they only disappearing from the Gallery app, or are they also disappearing from the directory where the file was located? E.g., if you used the My Files app or any other file manager app to look directly in the /DCIM/Camera directory, are the missing photos you took with the Camera app also not present in that directory?
    04-14-2018 07:10 PM
    Hi B Diddy,

They are neither in my gallery nor in my files under DCIM. Seems like they're completely wiped. They seem to only stay on my phone for 24 hours before they go.
    04-17-2018 01:01 AM
    For the photos that you download -- can you tell which directory they get downloaded to? If it's the /Download folder, then check your system settings for a "Smart Cleaner" function (which might be related to a Device Maintenance feature or app). Smart Cleaners can be set to automatically clean out the Download directory. If you don't see it in the system settings or in a system app, make sure you didn't install a 3rd party phone cleaner app, which might also do the same thing.
    04-17-2018 01:38 AM