Tired of dealing with low tiier phones, I want to take the plunch and get a good phone.

Right now I have StraightTalk as my carrier and am pretty haooy with them. $55 unlimited data using Verizon towers, it works for me. Not sure if Verizon has such a deal.

The question, is it the same S8 phone sold at Verizon or is it a tune down version for the Straight Talk market ?

Right now Wal-Mart is selling the S8 for $600 paying $33/mo for 24 months. Is that even a good deal ?

What would be the best way to upgrade and remain with a Verizon or ATT...

Am a truck driver and I drive through a forest everyday where TMobile has no signal. I just need the signal.

Also I live in tin can home where no carrier has signal inside the house.
    04-19-2018 08:36 AM
    The one Straight Talk sells is the same as any other S8 in-so-far as hardware. Just know that if you buy it from Straight Talk, it is locked to them. Don't know if they use Verizon or AT&T towers for their S8.
    I've used Straight Talk for 7 years but have always bought an unlocked phone outright from Swappa.
    If you purchase a US unlocked version... 950U1... It can be used on any network. I've used my unlocked S8 Plus with both a ST AT&T sim and a ST Verizon SIM.
    badcat likes this.
    04-19-2018 09:15 PM
    Awesome.info

what is Swappa?

Never heard of that...

Am assuming one have to buy outwritre there ?
    04-19-2018 10:29 PM
    Swappa is an online store for phones and other tech, similar to eBay. Prices are set though. No bidding. They check the imei for validity,which is reassuring. I've just had good luck there getting very good condition phones. You can get anything from "new resale" to only good for parts condition. Yes, you have to pay for the phone outright and sellers usually require PayPal.
    mgnet and badcat like this.
    04-20-2018 05:51 PM