Apps auto updating

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I've got apps set to manually update. Despite this setting, I've noticed that Samsung specific apps are auto updating. I think they are updating over wifi, but I am not certain about that. Is there a way to verify how Samsung specific apps are being updated?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Check your Settings in Galaxy Apps and make sure that Auto Update Apps option is set to Turn Off. Note that some system apps will still auto-update if pushed by the manufacturer.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you open Galaxy Apps, tap the menu button (three dots) on the top right corner, and select Settings, do you not see the Auto Update Apps section up top?

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Also some apps like google services, play store, galaxy apps will update regardless because they are system critical.

mark7914

Jan 19, 2018
Visit site
With the hope that the phone won't download updates using mobile data, does anyone know what IP addresses need blocking on our home network to stop the phone communicating with Samsung?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Even if that were possible, how is blocking it in your home network avoid the updates on mobile data? If anything that could FORCE the update through mobile data if available.

mark7914

Jan 19, 2018
Visit site
What does help is that I work from home and so, if I'm honest, I rarely leave the house.

I was able to scupper Apple's updates by blocking Apple's domains on our router. Partly, anyway, it didn't download them, but it would unfortunately detect them when I was out and about on 4G and then start the nagging process. it also disabled iMessage (free text messaging) but that was no major issue.

Is there a firewall app for the phone that works at a low enough level to override the preinstalled stuff?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly Ryan