I recently received Oreo and amongst a host of issues with it so far, by far the biggest issue I seem to have is an increase in almost pocket dials. Thankfully I have my phone set to prompt Carrier or Google Voice or I might be calling all sorts of people.

I have had the phone set up for a while (not sure I have found said option on Oreo) but I had it set to stay dark in dark places (such as a pocket). Now every time I get (most) alerts I am seeing the lock screen display and if I pull the phone out of my pocket I see this as the same thing. So, while I am out working in the yard and such, it would seem the screen is coming on and I am getting slammed with the "how would you like to make the call" - and thank goodness for that.

Anyone else experiencing this issue since the update to Oreo?
    04-24-2018 04:00 PM
    I'm having that happen all the time, and not just pocket calls, I'll pull my phone out of my pocket and a random app will be open, somewhere deep in the menu tree. I keep a spreadsheet for shopping in Docs and it opened in my pocket and filled the spreadsheet with random numbers and letters. it seems impossible because I always turn off the screen before putting my phone on my pocket, I have the setting turned on that's supposed to disable my screen in a dark place, and I have a pin set...how on earth is my phone getting past the stinking pin IN MY POCKET???
    04-25-2018 12:37 AM
    If your phone isn't locked, put a lock on it.

If you do have a lock then check to see that you did not configure smartlock to keep the phone unlocked when at home/on a specific wifi/connected to a specific bluetooth device.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    04-26-2018 08:52 PM
    go to display settings and toggle
    "block accidental touches"
    05-01-2018 12:08 PM