I am getting a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S8 and am looking into getting a wireless charger for it. My phone is in a hard plastic case. I want to make sure that the phone will charge with it in the case or will I have to pry it out of the case each time I want to wirelessly charge it?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated before I buy a wireless charger.

Thanks!
    04-25-2018 12:42 PM
    Depends on the case. Most will not interfere unless made of really thick plastic or having interfering compounds in the material. It will also depend on the wireless charger you want to use: not all are as powerful or lenient when it comes to cases.

It would help if you share which case you're using and any chargers you have your mind on. I've tried with my Samsung chargers, a Seneo base, and my Prius' charging pad and they all work with any case I've used EXCEPT one that had a metal plate smack on top of the wireless coil.
    04-25-2018 05:29 PM
    As I recall, OtterBox cases aren't wireless friendly. Most likely due to what Spook said they they are kind of thick.
    04-25-2018 05:57 PM