Good Morning video calling shouldn't be deactivated is important feature specially for eldest. and why is that most of the S8 are activated and some or not all of my friends that have S8 have video calling I just purchase my phone and when to software updated it didn't give it to me.
    Please anyone with the same problem. This feature shouldn't be taken out I want it install in my phone, specially when you have a mother far and that's what she use to see her kids, grands, etc... Please lets make noise so they put it back.
    04-26-2018 07:32 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Native video calling is dependent on the carrier. If a carrier doesn't support video calling, or if the person you're trying to call is on a carrier that doesn't support it, then you can't use it.

If you want to make video calls, then consider using Google Duo, Hangouts, or other messaging platforms. The person you're trying to reach has to use these apps as well, but they work pretty well.
    anon(123856) likes this.
    04-26-2018 03:14 PM
    Well Verizon has it enabled in their branded phones, but for some reason the unlocked S8 does not allow video calling when on the Verizon network. I am not sure if the problem here is with the carrier or with Samsung. But I agree with Whatsapp / Facebook / Skype, it's pretty easy to video chat using other methods.
    B. Diddy and anon(123856) like this.
    04-26-2018 03:46 PM