I thought this old school problem would've been dealt with long ago.. Getting texts broken up into 2 sentence multiple messages instead of just one... I remember this used to be an issue back in the day I would read about.. I've been hardcore HTC since WinMo 5.0/HTC Mogul days till now..

Pretty sure I tried all the options in text settings on my S8.. Using stock messaging..

TIAOld school text bug between Android & iPhone-1525203601-picsay.jpg
    05-01-2018 02:47 PM
    No suggestions?
    05-02-2018 03:58 PM
    The problem is the iMessage protocol - it doesn't translate well to SMS, even though the Apple app has an SMS checkbox.

That will all be corrected when everyone switches to RTF, and Apple is forced to adopt some version of it. (So far, from what I've seen of the spec, we'll be able to do texting entirely over the internet, no carrier needed. |That will be so far ahead of iMessage that Apple won't have a choice.) And it will ensure that, unless you spend an hour writing a text, texts won't be broken so there won't be any "wrong order".

But for now, we just have to put up with Apple's "it's my ball so I'm taking it and going home" attitude. If it became more widely known, that it's Apple causing all the problems by not releasing the iMessage protocol for public use, they'd be able to close a few iPhone plants.
    05-02-2018 04:25 PM
    The problem is the iMessage protocol - it doesn't translate well to SMS, even though the Apple app has an SMS checkbox.

That will all be corrected when everyone switches to RTF, and Apple is forced to adopt some version of it. (So far, from what I've seen of the spec, we'll be able to do texting entirely over the internet, no carrier needed. |That will be so far ahead of iMessage that Apple won't have a choice.) And it will ensure that, unless you spend an hour writing a text, texts won't be broken so there won't be any "wrong order".

But for now, we just have to put up with Apple's "it's my ball so I'm taking it and going home" attitude. If it became more widely known, that it's Apple causing all the problems by not releasing the iMessage protocol for public use, they'd be able to close a few iPhone plants.
    Thank you
    05-04-2018 12:20 PM