Have I bricked the phone?

MrFraggle

Feb 23, 2017
Visit site
Decided to root my second hand Samsung S8 + but have managed to get stuck on the screen below with not a clue on how to get out of it. I am unable to swipe to unlock.
My first attempt at rooting so please keep any reply's simple as I do not seem very adept at this black art.

I was following this guy. https://galaxys8root.com/galaxy-s8-root/how-to-root-galaxy-s8-or-s8-plus-on-android-8-0-oreo/

Screenshot.
EzssVTb.jpg

Jason Cockerham

Community Review Team Leader
Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi there! I certainly understand your frustration. Rooting is always a tricky business but kudos for trying! It really can be fun and useful once you get the hang of it.

I'll try to help as best I can. First, do you happen to know the model number of your device?

Also, I'm assuming you were doing this with a PC and not a Mac correct?

MrFraggle

Feb 23, 2017
Visit site
Hi there! I certainly understand your frustration. Rooting is always a tricky business but kudos for trying! It really can be fun and useful once you get the hang of it.

I'll try to help as best I can. First, do you happen to know the model number of your device?

Also, I'm assuming you were doing this with a PC and not a Mac correct?

I believe the model number is SM-G955F and unfortunately I am still in the same position. It has been suggested that I reflash the phone using Odin.

My problem with this is after downloading the correct firmware and putting the files in there correct boxes and pressing start the only thing that happens is on the left side Odin box I have File analysis which is correct below that is setupconnection and then nothing seems to be happening.

I am assuming that this is because I am not in download/recovery mode but stuck on the twrp lock screen?

Following this tutorial.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAHqc3-QkPk

44gHeex.png

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty