So I've noticed within the past month or two that my S8+ is about 50% of the time not recognizing that it's connected to a fast charger.

I'm using stock Samsung fast chargers, and even the cable that came with the S8+, although from what i'm told it's not so much about the cable and it's the plug itself.

I usually have to plug in and out until i see "Fast Charging" pop up. Otherwise it will show two other modes. One mode is insanely slow as in, i have 30% battery left and it'll tell me over 1 Day to full charge. The other mode i think is regular charging and if i have 30% battery left it will tell me about 9 hours left or something. When in reality I believe fast charging would be somewhere around 1h 45m.

So i just have to keep plugging in and out until i ensure that "Fast Charging" pops up.

Has anyone else been having this issue?
    05-09-2018 07:41 AM
    I don't have any problems with my regular S8. Did you enable fast charging in settings?
    05-09-2018 07:57 AM
    I don't have any problems with my regular S8. Did you enable fast charging in settings?
    I have. Like I noted above, it does eventually switch to Fast Charging, but only after i plug it in and out a couple of times.

Again this is only like 50% of the time, but still quite annoying as i should be able to just plug it in and walk away.
    05-09-2018 09:00 AM
    So I've noticed within the past month or two that my S8+ is about 50% of the time not recognizing that it's connected to a fast charger.

I'm using stock Samsung fast chargers, and even the cable that came with the S8+, although from what i'm told it's not so much about the cable and it's the plug itself.

I usually have to plug in and out until i see "Fast Charging" pop up. Otherwise it will show two other modes. One mode is insanely slow as in, i have 30% battery left and it'll tell me over 1 Day to full charge. The other mode i think is regular charging and if i have 30% battery left it will tell me about 9 hours left or something. When in reality I believe fast charging would be somewhere around 1h 45m.

So i just have to keep plugging in and out until i ensure that "Fast Charging" pops up.

Has anyone else been having this issue?
    Try a normal charger and see what the remaining time is
    05-09-2018 11:21 AM
    I have had this happen a couple of times with my S8. The solution has been to reboot the phone, and then fast charging is recognized.
    05-09-2018 04:53 PM
    I had a fast charger die from my last htc phone, but from what I read it's pretty rare. Most likely it's either the cable is bad, or the connection on the phone itself.
    05-09-2018 11:05 PM
    I've also had similar issues with my S8 the last couple of weeks. The first time that I plug it in, the phone will recognize normal charging. Then when I unplug it and and plug it back in, the phone will recognize fast charging...super annoying.
    02-21-2019 04:16 AM
    A tip from a forum user somewhere that sorted my s8 out with exactly the same problem was, dust/lint/fluff in the charging port of the phone... If you cannot see the shiny base on the inside of the usb c port then you have debris stopping your cable plugging in fully. I used a bent paper clip or safety pin to carefully lift out all the accumulated fluff. There was a surprising amount in there. it now works perfectly.. Hope this helps someone...
    02-24-2019 05:21 PM
    I would advise anyone to not do this with any conductive object especially if the device is powered on. You may want to also check the cable you are using as they do tend to bend a little over time and not properly hold a tight connection
    03-01-2019 10:09 AM