How do I open message app as a chat head?

Chossie_83

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Somehow when I was quick replying to a message from my dropdown notification panel I managed to open it as a chat head bubble that stayed on my screen when minimised and also stayed on top of any other open app, much like the facebook messenger app. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it back, does anyone know?

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not all apps support it, but there are a couple of ways:
1) Tap and hold and Drag the app from the corner towards the center of the screen to turn into a floating window. Then, from the window, just minimize and it turns into a floating bubble.
2) Tap the multitasking button and find the app you want to minimize. Then, tap and hold the app and drag into the blue area that appears in the center of the screen. This will open the app into floating mode, which then you can minimize into a bubble.

For either option to work you need to activate it in the Settings, however (Settings/Advanced Features/Multi-Window).

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Just remember again... not all apps support it, and some will act wonky in multi-window, especially when re-sizing to something tiny

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12