Cannot stop random notification sound on Samsung S8+.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have gone to notification apps and only have three apps that I allow notifications for. They are not incoming with any info). Yet I keep hearing the notification sound over and over again, every 30 seconds or so. No one at my carrier can figure it out. If I go to settings, Notifications, and go to volume, I can turn the notification volume off, but then i will not be notified when a message comes in, I will only be able to see it on the home page if I am near the phone. Any ideas?Where do I go to find out where the notification is coming from (if not from the apps), so I can stop the random sound every 30 seconds or so?

Ozquonk

Sep 11, 2018
Visit site
I have a version of this problem. Only one notification sound just randomly and quietly starts and repeats for no apparent reason, and then randomly stops within a minute. Samsung S8. Any clues?

Grouchyninja

Sep 17, 2018
Visit site
My phone is doing the same. Even when in silent mode. Have tried all the advised steps on different threads but nothing has worked.
I don't think the sound is coming from the apps. It goes off, quiet loudly, every few hours.

mark7914

Jan 19, 2018
Visit site
One thing that can cause this, though it's a long-shot: if you have rules set in one email client to, for instance, delete emails on arrival from certain people, and the phone synchronises your email and "gets it first" the phone will (if you chose to) notify you. At the next email cycle the email has gone. Leaving you puzzled as to what that notification was for.

Grouchyninja

Sep 17, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. It went off again at 4.44am despite my phone being on silent. It occurred to me that I had used locations services on an app and since then it had been making the sounds. I checked the app and it had timings set for the Times it had sounded. So I'm guessing it was an alarm that was sounding.
Have uninstalled the app and so far today haven't had any random sounds. Fingers crossed that's sorted it and I can finally sleep in peace!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown