My phone screen cracked from the very edge on the upper right hand side. Everything works fine, but im getting paranoid about touch sensitivity issues. can anybody guide me about how long will i be able to use my phone normally without having to replace the screen? also can i have the glass screen replaced without having to change the display panel?
    06-01-2018 05:22 PM
    If the screen didn't come undone, you should be able to use it just fine (and as long as it's not splintered). The seals (waterproofing), however, are likely compromised and should you drop it again the crack might expand, even by just normal 'pocket' pressure, so bear that in mind.

You can, in theory, replace just the glass. In practice, however, it's not simple. It's REALLY glued in with the display and rest of the phone.
    06-01-2018 06:08 PM
    My oldest son dropped his S8 the day he got it. Cracked the top left corner. That was 6 months ago. 3 months ago, he dropped it again and cracked the bottom right - and this was while it was in an Otterbox Defender case.

He can still use the device, but the cracks on the bottom have more visible on the screen face than the top ones do, which run more along the edge and are hard to see.

But, again, it does still work.
    06-01-2018 06:19 PM
    Get a windshield repair kit. "Repair" the crack. (Leave it in the sun for half an hour around noon, or use a UV light close to it for 10 minutes.) Then put a glass screen protector on it.

Aside from the fact that it's still not going to be water-resistant, it should last until you want to get rid of it.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    06-01-2018 06:46 PM