When listening to downloaded music I always get a stuttering in the audio. I have to constantly be using my phone for it not to stutter. I don't use Bluetooth so it's not on. It happens when using the phones speakers or any type of headphones. Phone is still under warranty should I just send it back?

EDIT: even while using the phone the music will stutter. It happens while using Spotify and Datpiff. I have the music downloaded to the phone.
    06-05-2018 03:59 AM
    Must be a glitch in the S8, mine does it too...not a lot, but it skips during playback like a personal CD player would do back in the day.
    06-05-2018 04:40 AM
    Yeah that's exactly what happens. Almost ready to jump off the Samsung ship. (This is the second galaxy s8+, the first was replaced due to connectivity issues.)
    06-05-2018 04:58 AM
    The skipping does intensify when using another app. Like if I'm scrolling thru Reddit or surfing chrome it will stutter ALOT.
    06-05-2018 05:01 AM
    My s5 had a built in media/music player whereas this s8 doesn't, so I'm using Google Play. Maybe try a different music player? Music is the only thing I have issues with, video and streaming is fine.
    06-05-2018 05:20 AM
    I use Spotify and Datpiff. They both skip. it's actually quite bad when my screen is off. It's a real **** off just considering how much the phone cost.
    06-05-2018 05:56 AM
    Like I said, the only thing it seems to affect is Google Play music...pandora, loaded video, etc. all act fine.
    06-05-2018 07:23 AM
    So this are Spotify downloaded files right? Does it do it on all songs? Or specific ones? I encountered Spotify skipping on other phones, but noticed it only skipped on certain songs. I deleted then redownloaded that song and it didn't skip anymore.
    I use Spotify and Datpiff. They both skip. it's actually quite bad when my screen is off. It's a real **** off just considering how much the phone cost.
    06-05-2018 11:51 AM
    So this are Spotify downloaded files right? Does it do it on all songs? Or specific ones? I encountered Spotify skipping on other phones, but noticed it only skipped on certain songs. I deleted then redownloaded that song and it didn't skip anymore.
    Its every song. And I have tried to delete and reinstall. Same thing happens. And I can't use a different music app as all my music is downloaded through Spotify or Datpiff.
    06-05-2018 02:44 PM
    Its every song. And I have tried to delete and reinstall. Same thing happens. And I can't use a different music app as all my music is downloaded through Spotify or Datpiff.
    Very odd. I have no idea on Datpiff. I don't use it. I know Spotify has a setting to download to SD card or to internal. Where does yours download to? Also, does it skip ehen streaming?
    06-05-2018 07:02 PM
    My s5 had a built in media/music player whereas this s8 doesn't, so I'm using Google Play. Maybe try a different music player? Music is the only thing I have issues with, video and streaming is fine.
    Give the Samsung Music Player a try.
    06-05-2018 08:48 PM
    Very odd. I have no idea on Datpiff. I don't use it. I know Spotify has a setting to download to SD card or to internal. Where does yours download to? Also, does it skip ehen streaming?
    Everything is downloaded right to my phone. Should I try a mircoSD card?
    06-05-2018 11:02 PM
    Well I use a class 10 SD card and have no problems, but I was expecting you to answer that you were using an SD card because I would have expected an issue with the SD card would cause stuttering.

Anyway, just tell if me if songs that aren't downloaded but streamed also stutter.
    Everything is downloaded right to my phone. Should I try a mircoSD card?
    06-05-2018 11:04 PM
    Ok will switch a SD card and see if that helps.

I will also test to see if it happens with streaming music from Spotify.
    06-06-2018 12:23 AM
    UPDATE: The phone still skips while streaming from Spotify. It's within warranty should I just send it back? Or can this be fixed?
    06-06-2018 06:38 AM
    UPDATE: The phone still skips while streaming from Spotify. It's within warranty should I just send it back? Or can this be fixed?
    Yeah, at this point this is so weird that you should factory reset it, then check if it still skips, then send it back if it does.
    06-06-2018 06:42 AM
    Yeah, at this point this is so weird that you should factory reset it, then check if it still skips, then send it back if it does.
    Ok, I will do the factory reset and update. Thanks for the responses btw.
    06-06-2018 07:01 AM
    Did the factory reset. The frequency of the skipping has gone down. But is definitely still present. While streaming and downloaded tunes. Will be sending defective unit back. Thanks for the help.
    06-09-2018 07:09 PM