Can I retrieve cleared notifications

Venomous Scars

Jun 14, 2018
Visit site
Ok, so I was just getting my alarm out so that I could set my alarm for the morning and thought I should get rid of my notifications. I cleared them all, and at the last second, I saw one from the high school I wanted to go to. See, I'm in primary school, and I'm not zoned for the school I wanna go to, so that notification could've potentially been my chance. I really need help because all my friends are going to this school and I must be in the same high school as they are. Please help! And I'm on Samsung Galaxy S8, so I don't have the settings shortcut widget.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You can get access to that widget if you use a launcher that supports it, like Nova. Check this Forum Post for more info (bear in mind that, although unlikely, things might have changed in the Oreo update if you already received it).
https://forums.androidcentral.com/s...08048-how-retrieve-cleared-notifications.html

This from that post:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=808048&p=5848535&viewfull=1#post5848535
Yeah, most Samsung devices don't include that widget. You can always try with Nova launcher and search for the notification log under widgets - Nova Activities.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The notification came from some app - text or email probably - so check them, then your other apps that the school could have used to notify you.

Hey_Yoh

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
if it’s an email notification, just go to your email app. If it’s the school’s app (or whatever the app your school is using), just go to that app and you should be able to it on there. If you don’t remember or didn’t catch which app, then use the other suggestions above. That’s why the number badge on the app on iOS is pretty helpful.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, super helpful not too stressful at all ¬¬... (BTW most Android phones support badges now either it stock or with 3rd party launchers, but still, some apps will be set to dismiss badge counters when the notification is dismissed from the bar. I, personally, disable badges alongside turning on my screen when a text is received. HATE those haha, but to each their own).
bc5d9efba67cda8392f1425eef04054e--notification-clutter.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC