Verizon Galaxy S8 Bad battery problems

Mark582

Jul 7, 2016
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus EE (I think its Verizon?)

So I love this phone but hate the battery life. I only get 8 hours or so on average.

I am always using the phone too much but it's on battery saving mode. Location often on battery saving. Brightness is varied depending on Sun on screen etc. Bluetooth almost always off. Performance mode always on optimised.

Android version 8.0.0

I have S Launcher as custom launcher home screen, Contacts + I use for calls, Contacts etc

I have taken to the shop and replaced the battery with a new official battery which has made the problem worse really.

I often clear storage and memory in device maintenance.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Most people would be happy to be able to get 8 hours - but you're ensuring frequent battery replacement like that. The longest battery life will be achieved if you charge just as you hit 39% and stop charging just as you hit 81%. (GSam Battery Monitor makes it easy to set alarms at those limits.)

The advantage of lithium batteries isn't deep discharge or 2 days use, it's weight - lithium is the lightest metal. A lithium battery that could go from 80% to 40% in 16 hours of use would be huge and weigh a lot. And any other technology (say lead-acid) would be larger and weigh more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12