Hey,
    I have s8 g950f rooted with renovate ice 11.1 and velocity kernel installed on my device.
    My problem is , that almost everywhere i am the signal indicator shows only H+ and not 4g/4g+.
    My sim card is 4G, my plan is 4G too ..
    I do not know what the problem is, i checked the APN settings through my carrier and all seems to be good, also there is no save power enabled on the phone.
    I tried multiple times to do format, or flash again the rom but nothing changed.
    Another trick i tried is to flash a CSC Selection 2.0 for G950F S8 for my country, also nothing has changed.
    Another issue i step into is that when i enable LTE only on the sim settings is i cannot call someone neither someone, and i cannot connect to the internet with my plan .

If anyone knows the solution to all this please REPLY to me to see your answer faster. Thanks in advanced
    06-18-2018 07:37 AM
    On android the network type should be set to LTE/WCDMA/GSM (4G/3G/2G). Could also be the carrier only supports H+ (3.75G) in the area where you are connected, or else I don't know.
    06-18-2018 09:16 AM
    On android the network type should be set to LTE/WCDMA/GSM (4G/3G/2G). Could also be the carrier only supports H+ (3.75G) in the area where you are connected, or else I don't know.
    is there any way i can change band, or even select the cell tower i connect?
    06-18-2018 09:19 AM
    is there any way i can change band, or even select the cell tower i connect?
    Sorry I don't know. I do know there exist a few advanced monitoring and analysis apps for android like NetMonitor Pro, for example, but I have no personal experience with any of this stuff as it is intended to be used by cellular network engineers.
    06-18-2018 09:46 AM
    Does it work properly on the stock firmware?
    Ry likes this.
    06-19-2018 06:59 AM
    Does it work properly on the stock firmware?
    Like I said I haven't tested it so again I don't know. I'm not a network engineer, but I guess the easiest way to find out the cellular network's data transfer speed is to use the Ookla speed test at a time when not too many people are making too much use of the same network in your area (usually late at night, e.g. after about 1:30am-2:00am). Maybe your phone is connected via LTE even though for some reason it is reporting it as H+ so a simple speed test could help you find out whether that's the case. In areas where I always thought there should be 3G, often times I used to see the H symbol appear so I'm still confused by it too. I have read somewhere that it may in fact depend on how different hardware manufacturers like to use different names for the network type, e.g., some of them will display LTE as 4G even if that's technically incorrect.
    06-19-2018 02:22 PM
    What country are you in?
    06-19-2018 02:49 PM