S8+ IP68 vs Heat

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Ive been playing a LOT of pubg mobile lately. And the game does make the phone get quite hot at times, almost hard to hold. Should I be concerned about having my phone near water? Will the heat do something to the adhesive and maybe break the water resistant seal?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The phone has a sensor that will shut off the device automatically if it reaches a damaging temperature, so you should be fine. Seals are more susceptible to damage if you've dropped the phone. If it's hot, however, and you get it wet, I'd be more concerned about condensation from humidity inside the phone.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Ive been playing a LOT of pubg mobile lately. And the game does make the phone get quite hot at times, almost hard to hold. Should I be concerned about having my phone near water? Will the heat do something to the adhesive and maybe break the water resistant seal?

Regarding the water resistant seal, yes that's a possibility. One of the reasons why they don't put warranties on water resistance. However, once the phone cools down, the seals should harden again anyway. From what I saw in tear downs they're sticky enough to not flow when heated.

Plus Samsung phones actually have throttled performance on gaming. You have to adjust it in Game Tuner to push the phone to max gaming performance.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084