I'm having a problem with my Galaxy S8 after the recent security update. First, right after I performed the update my lock screen settings were changed to lock automatically with the power/lock button, which I do not like. I switched settings to lock after 30 mins of inactivity.

The way the phone was before, I could press the lock/power button, the screen would turn off and go into standby, then when I press the lock/power again button the phone would go to the "swipe to unlock" lock screen. After 30 mins of inactivity the phone would require a pin/iris scan to unlock.

Now, after the update, when I press the lock button the screen turns off, but any input to the phone completely bypasses the lock screen and goes straight to the home screen unless the phone has been inactive for 30 mins. So no "swipe to unlock" lock screen with power/lock button and the phone will also completely unlock and go to home screen when placed on or removed from a wireless or wired charger while screen is off. Currently running Oreo 8.0.

Scrolled through every setting I could think of. Navigation bar settings still show the "hard press home button to bypass lock screen" option so I know that the phone should still be displaying some sort of lock screen regardless of security type. What is going on here?
    A 13 likes this.
    06-22-2018 09:29 AM
    I'm having this exact same issue, was scouring everywhere for solutions because I thought I was imagining things! This new implementation is worse!

After the update, I changed my settings back to lock after 30 minutes. But NOW I'm constantly accidentally opening apps and making calls due to no longer being protected by the swipe to unlock screen within the 30 minute window.

Hopefully someone can offer some help?
    A 13 likes this.
    06-22-2018 02:31 PM
    Having the same problem. It changed my home- screen clock and lock time from 10 minutes to 10 seconds. It's calling people, changing settings, opening apps when there pattern isn't activated so it's heavily takingup battery power... The keyboard and auto predict are ten times worse, Almost every word I swipe-type comes up wrong and now it's not only making up words, but putting two words with one swipe that aren't even slightly close to what I drew.
    06-30-2018 01:13 AM
    What security update is this?
    gendo667 likes this.
    07-01-2018 11:33 AM
    What security update is this?
    I'm assuming the June security update, though I've experienced none of these issues.

Sorry you guys are having problems. Has anyone tried a factory reset?
    almath likes this.
    07-01-2018 11:50 AM
    Not good, I don't use any other lock then swipe so that's me f......, anything in update notes about this?
    07-01-2018 01:03 PM
    What carrier is this? I've experienced none of these issues.
    gendo667 likes this.
    07-01-2018 04:05 PM
    Omgosh I'm having the same issues! AT&T services with the S9+ and it did the update last night and now I have no lock screen. I tried calling tech support and they have no clue what I'm talking about. Going into a store tomorrow. I'm so irritated. The lockscreen makes my life so much easier.
    07-06-2018 12:47 AM