My battery life after a year. Is it okay to charge twice a day?

SaifulIslam

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Recently i've been playing pubg mobile a lot. If before i charge my device once a day, now i charge my device twice a day. Does it bring any harm to my battery for a long term usage?

Attachments

• 2605.jpg
    2605.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 44

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes it can, BUT probably not in an appreciable way. I cap off ALL day long on my iPhone 7 Plus and my various Androids, unfortunately I can't check battery health (at least not without a 3rd party app) on my Androids, BUT my iPhone 7 at almost 2 years old still has 94% battery capacity. I'd say that's pretty good.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If it ran the same usage pattern on 1 charge that now takes 2 charges to run, it's suggesting that the battery is going bad. (Normal use for long life consists of keeping the battery between 40% and 80% - never fully charge it.)

If you just want to know if it's bad to charge the battery twice a day, no. Battery life is determined by the amount of charge, not the number of charges. (In fact, one way of ensuring longer battery life is to root with Magisk, then use the Magisk Charging Switch to keep the battery at around 65% to 75%. [It starts charging if the battery drops below 65% and stops charging at 75%. So you can leave the charger plugged in all day and never over- or under-charge the battery.] I don't know if Magisk works with the S8, but the idea is the battery charging situation.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie