Zooper weather not working

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
"Doesn't work" doesn't tell us enough to help you. How are you doing the weather widget? How are you calling the weather service? What is the widget doing, and what's it not doing?

How you build a weather widget is two main parts - getting the data from the particular weather service, and each service does it differently, and how you present the results to the user. If you don't know exactly how that weather service gets called and exactly how it returns its data, you're not going to get anything you can use. The easiest services are those that take a postal code or city/locality (state/province/etc.)/country. But the format can be text, JSON, XML, plain text - if you don't know the format you're going to get, that's going to be useless to you too.

malenki22

May 21, 2016
Visit site
"Doesn't work" doesn't tell us enough to help you. How are you doing the weather widget? How are you calling the weather service? What is the widget doing, and what's it not doing?

How you build a weather widget is two main parts - getting the data from the particular weather service, and each service does it differently, and how you present the results to the user. If you don't know exactly how that weather service gets called and exactly how it returns its data, you're not going to get anything you can use. The easiest services are those that take a postal code or city/locality (state/province/etc.)/country. But the format can be text, JSON, XML, plain text - if you don't know the format you're going to get, that's going to be useless to you too.
Ok I tried few already build and would not work, and what I mean will not show current weather or forecast just getting question marks, that's bit icons or text, not that technically minded to explain this any more. Location is set correctly as it shows on widget but still no weather, change to yo.ru and yahoo from default in weather provider still nothing.
2c249279a915e11a8474643e1a8e7d10.jpg

malenki22

May 21, 2016
Visit site
Another example zooper on top and KWGT on bottom, zooper not showing weather details, I'm not complete novice to widgets ect. So I know there must be something wrong with zooper just can't figure out what.
9398850a2549ee1cb8f08d0f78da5ad6.jpg

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I guess I'll just have to install Zooper and see how it works. Maybe I'll find an answer for you.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's Zooper. (His fault, not yours.) I get the same thing - the city is found, the time updates, but no weather for any of the 3 providers, I didn't give it what you'd call a good review. Not even a bad review. Worse. (I've written code to put the current weather n sites - either the site's weather or the user can enter a location and get his local weather. So I know what's happening - it's not asking for the weather, it's not getting the weather or it's not displaying the weather. And I'm not going to debug someone else's program - he can do it himself.)

The problem may be related to Oreo - I listed everything in my "review" - phone, version of Oreo.

malenki22

May 21, 2016
Visit site
It's Zooper. (His fault, not yours.) I get the same thing - the city is found, the time updates, but no weather for any of the 3 providers, I didn't give it what you'd call a good review. Not even a bad review. Worse. (I've written code to put the current weather n sites - either the site's weather or the user can enter a location and get his local weather. So I know what's happening - it's not asking for the weather, it's not getting the weather or it's not displaying the weather. And I'm not going to debug someone else's program - he can do it himself.)

The problem may be related to Oreo - I listed everything in my "review" - phone, version of Oreo.
Thanks for your time checking, I created my own weather using KWGT with codes what I want to show and it works like charm.

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Can not find Zooper in play store anymore
i got the paid version :(
now nothing working
don't even keep time clock :(
Does anyone know what's going on?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Zooper has been in and out of the Play Store for a long time. Unfortunately it seems it's gone for good this time. I managed to install from the PS on my new phone a month ago right before it disappeared.

There's a similar app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.kustom.widget

It can be tricky understanding how it works when you start. Best option is using existing widgets and change values here and there until you get used to the new options.

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Zooper has been in and out of the Play Store for a long time. Unfortunately it seems it's gone for good this time. I managed to install from the PS on my new phone a month ago right before it disappeared.

There's a similar app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.kustom.widget

It can be tricky understanding how it works when you start. Best option is using existing widgets and change values here and there until you get used to the new options.

Thank you

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173