What is the best and most reliable micro SD card to use for a galaxy s8. Primarily it will be used just for pictures and videos
    07-02-2018 01:30 AM
    SanDisk. They invented the technology. they have a live chat if you ever have a problem (in well over 20 years of using their cards, aside from snapping one in half [which isn't their fault], I've finally heard of one going bad the other day). The cheaper ones come with a 5 year warranty (and they do replace them, they don't make you jump through hoops), and the expensive ones (a few bucks more, actually) have a lifetime warranty. And to get them, you just go to their site, SanDisk microSD Tech Support, and use the live chat at the upper right. (When Samsung messed up an update on the S3, so that it "ate" SD cards, SanDisk came out with a fix for the cards before Samsung came out with a fix for the S3.)

And they're one of the only 2 companies that make the chips for the cards. Everyone else buys them from SanDisk/Toshiba (they formed a partnership in 2000) or Samsung (just try to get help from them for a bad card).

I still have 32MB (not GB - MB) SanDisk cards - that still work. Virtually useless, but they still work. I never buy any other brand.
    07-02-2018 01:36 PM
    I have a Samsung 64Gb sd card in my S8 right now. Using it only for pictures, videos, and document file storage.

So far, no issues.

Sandisk is good too, though. So is PNY.
    07-14-2018 11:18 AM
    SanDisk and Samsung make their own chips. PNY, Kingston and the rest, buy chips from SanDisk and Samsung - and who knows what they get, first-quality or rejects?
    07-14-2018 12:17 PM