I have had the Galaxy S8 since release and had it in a case. I am thinking of switching to a skin and am wondering if there is a difference in the 3M vinyl used with Slickwraps and dbrand vs the cheap ones like mightyskins or random Asian retailer. Some of the randoms have create wraps... =)

Maybe I should just stick to cases? I have never dropped and cracked a phone ever (knocks on wood). I am not really worried about dropping my phone.

Thanks all.
    07-12-2018 02:39 PM
    I was never worried about dropping a phone either (and I was a dealer - I've probably handled thousands of them). Then I caught the cable on my wireless charging pad with my elbow and my Note 3 got lobbed into a wall screen-side first. It was in an Otterbox Defender. Not a mark on the wall, and the phone is still in great shape today (although I don't use it any more). If it had been in even a great skin, I'd have had to replace the screen (at least - maybe the motherboard) and a chunk of sheetrock. Nothing of mine lives without being in a Defender case any more.
    07-12-2018 02:45 PM
    i HATE curved screens, ive never cracked a screen before this one and my case had enough of a lip that the screen wouldn't have cracked had it been flat. but ive got cracks in 2 corners
    07-12-2018 03:58 PM
    I wouldn't get a skin for a phone cause it's a $500 to replace it. However, I've used Mightskins for my chromebook and it looks spectacular. Got a custom picture on it and it came out great. My professors in school enjoy these eyes staring back at them
    07-12-2018 09:38 PM
    For my s8 I use the following.

Dbrand Black Dragon Back Skin.

Samsung Film type screen protector.

Rhinoshield Crashguard Bumper.
    07-17-2018 01:52 AM
    Man, the black dragon skin rocks
    bandofbrothers2112 likes this.
    07-17-2018 09:44 PM