I have an S8+ that I have had several months. I have 4 bars of LTE coverage. Starting yesterday, my phone started responding very very slowly on LTE (4-5 hours to download a 15mb app). Not recognizing button presses, etc.

I did a factory reset and that fixed it temporarily. Today the problem occurred again, and this time a factory reset did not fix it. I took it into a verizon store and he reset some network settings and whatnot which again fixed it temporarily, but only for about 30 minutes.

I know the connection quality is not the problem because I am an artist at an art show and many of the other artists are on verizon with no issues. I can't even run a payment through Square (the rest of the artists are having no problems). Factory reset, connect resets, cache wipe, etc have not fixed it this time.
    07-13-2018 08:21 PM
    I have an S8+ that I have had several months. I have 4 bars of LTE coverage. Starting yesterday, my phone started responding very very slowly on LTE (4-5 hours to download a 15mb app). Not recognizing button presses, etc.

I did a factory reset and that fixed it temporarily. Today the problem occurred again, and this time a factory reset did not fix it. I took it into a verizon store and he reset some network settings and whatnot which again fixed it temporarily, but only for about 30 minutes.

I know the connection quality is not the problem because I am an artist at an art show and many of the other artists are on verizon with no issues. I can't even run a payment through Square (the rest of the artists are having no problems). Factory reset, connect resets, cache wipe, etc have not fixed it this time.
    Very interesting. We have Sprint and are having the same issues. Could it be a Samsung update?
    07-13-2018 08:23 PM
    Very interesting. We have Sprint and are having the same issues. Could it be a Samsung update?
    You're on Sprint with a Samsung and you got an update??????
    07-13-2018 09:41 PM
    You're on Sprint with a Samsung and you got an update??????
    I feel like we had a software update awhile ago. Not super recently though certainly didn't fix my battery.
    07-13-2018 10:10 PM
    The number of bars !=!=!=!=!= the speed of the data. If a tower is max capacity then a tower is max capacity. You complained of delayed button presses.. sounds like a phone issue... get it swapped? Do it now before your warranty only calls for refurbished replacements.
    Rukbat likes this.
    07-15-2018 08:47 AM