What is the exact path to the phone contacts?

srfoot

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi;
What is the path to the phone contacts (file/folder, etc.)?

Can it be opened/viewed and modified on the computer?
Thank you.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Contact files (unless specifically exported) cannot be accessed or 'read' without a back up app that is allowed permission to access the database.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
It can, kind of. If you sync it with google contacts or, I believe, microsoft, you can edit them on the computer, then it will sync back to your samsung contacts. This is also why I don't bother with samsung contacts, they really don't do my over other options.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It can, kind of. If you sync it with google contacts or, I believe, microsoft, you can edit them on the computer, then it will sync back to your samsung contacts. This is also why I don't bother with samsung contacts, they really don't do my over other options.

Not exactly. If you saved them in your Samsung account, they won't sync into Google. If you saved them in Google or Microsoft or Exchange or any other account type with Contacts support, while a copy will be updated on your phone, it will only be saved in the specific account it is saved to (Google, MS, etc.). They won't automatically populate into other accounts.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Once they are synced if you edit it they will update everywhere.

Also, there are ways to edit vfc files on a pc

Attachments

• 26898.jpg
    26898.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 13

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Once they are synced if you edit it they will update everywhere.

Also, there are ways to edit vfc files on a pc

Yes, this will sync the local copy and the SPECIFIC ACCOUNT copy, but if you save a contact, say, on your Google account and you update it on your PC, the phone copy will update but it will not 'cross over' to your Microsoft or Exchange account. Also, those files are created once the contacts are Exported. The phone's local database is always locked and encrypted unless you give an app permission to read or export it to any of the supported formats.

To the OP's question, there is no '/Internal Memory/Contacts Here' folder you can access your contacts in freely on your phone.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes, this will sync the local copy and the SPECIFIC ACCOUNT copy, but if you save a contact, say, on your Google account and you update it on your PC, the phone copy will update but it will not 'cross over' to your Microsoft or Exchange account. Also, those files are created once the contacts are Exported. The phone's local database is always locked and encrypted unless you give an app permission to read or export it to any of the supported formats.

To the OP's question, there is no '/Internal Memory/Contacts Here' folder you can access your contacts in freely on your phone.

I have no idea how MS works, I figured since it was a well liked program it would integrate with the phones contact list so I was giving options. The easiest way is to sync with google contacts and use google contacts on a web browser to modify, it will automatically update all contacts on your samsung contact list, as long as it is synced. Another option, though a bit wonky, is to hook a BT keyboard and mouse up to your phone and do screen mirroring.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar