Transferring photos and videos from S8 onto PC.

kwbcontent

Jul 20, 2018
Visit site
Hi

Im new here.

Apologies if there's a thread already out there regarding this question.

I've just been abroad (China) and therefore took tons of photos with my Galaxy S8 phone. All my images have uploaded to the Samsung Cloud, but I havent been able to back these up until i returned home since Google doesnt really work inside China without a VPN.

Some of these images were panoramic, motion blur, basically using the features only available to Samsung Phones and the software it uses to view them afterwards.

When I got home, all these images backed up to Google Photo's, but im finding that panoramic pictures for example, have flattened into 2D images and I cant view them the way I could on my phone.

I've also gone and free'd up space on my phone by deleting all the local files, thinking it would be ok since they are backed up to Google Photos. (They are all back up to Samsung Cloud also but ran out of my 15GB of space near the end of the holiday).

Is there a way to transfer all those saved images on the Samsung Cloud, over to my PC, and still view them all the way I could on my phone?

Does Google compress the images into a lesser quality when they are backed up to Google Photo's or does the quality stay they same?

Its a bit annoying, as I always find the pictures look better on the Samsung Phone.

Also, i took a load of videos in Portrait mode. When I get around to viewing them on a larger screen, say a TV for example, will they "fit to screen" or will they stay as thin portrait mode videos?

Thanks for any help anyone can give me on this.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Plug the phone into the PC, open it up on My Computer, navigate to the DCIM folder where the pictures you took are, copy and paste.

kwbcontent

Jul 20, 2018
Visit site
Thanks but I deleted all the files local to the device.

If I plug the USB lead into my PC, will all the images saved to the cloud copy over?

Thanks

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
If images are synced to the cloud, you can download the Samsung Gallery app on your PC and transfer your files that way.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech