My Verizon Galaxy S8 is using smart unlock when it shouldn't. I have no Bluetooth devices connected, I'm not at home and none of the other smart unlocked options apply. Yet my phone refuses to lock. I swipe and it goes straight to home screen.

Anyone else see this issue? This could potentially be a huge issue.
    08-23-2018 04:32 PM
    What timeframes do you have it set to lock in the settings. It can be set to up to 30 mins.
    08-23-2018 05:59 PM
    Set to lock in one minute after screen goes dark on its own. Set to lock instantly with power button.
    08-23-2018 11:19 PM
    If you have checked your settings and it will not lock, clear your cache partition while you reboot.
    08-24-2018 06:05 AM
    this is happening again and it's such a security flaw!
    09-14-2018 04:29 PM
    Put it in safe mode, and see if you have installed an app that has permission to unlock and or prevent locking, and is doing so either in its settings, or the playstore released a defective app. Post your result.
    If it persists in safe mode, you can either do a factory reset, or get a new one if this one is new.
    09-14-2018 04:37 PM
    It's just a thought but have you set up a PIN/fingerprints?

If it doesn't have those then presumably it will simply unlock without the need to authenticate.

I have both set up - though not face recognition (I don't like the idea that it stopped in the street and the phone is grabbed the assailant need only point it at me to unlock it and then walk off with it).

But oddly under the security settings, for unlock, "Swipe" it says "No security" and yet it does require the PIN or fingerprints even when swiped to unlock.

Or might those have been "lost" somehow and need setting up again?

In other words the issue isn't so much that the phone needs a setting to tell it to use a secure unlock, but, it has lost the settings for the things that it should use to secure it.
    09-15-2018 03:15 AM
    I have a PIN and fingerprint set up already. I've discovered that it unlocks when I have my Home Location turned on in safe unlock settings. As soon as I disable the Home location for safe unlock, it stays locked properly. I've been in a completely different town when it unlocks using smartunlock with home location. Something isn't right here.
    09-25-2018 02:34 PM
    Check your GPS (with GPS Status & Toolbox), and with Maps if GPSS&T says that you have a lock. If you aren't getting a good GPS lock, the GPS receiver could be saying anything (and it should be saying "no lock" and the phone should be ignoring the GPS) - so one of those things could be happening. Samsung has been known to have GPS problems in the past. (With some Note 3s, there was a whole procedure you had to go through almost regularly, or the GPS receiver would be seeking a fix until the universe ended.)
    09-25-2018 03:24 PM
    Ok, will try that. Related, I'm always spot on when using waze or gmaps.
    09-25-2018 03:26 PM