S8+ icons grayed out showing "SD:

Uihawk9868

Aug 29, 2018
Visit site
Hello everyone. I just joined the community and, of course, am seeking help. I have a Galaxy S8+ that I bought new about 4-6 months ago. I am running Android 8.0, Samsung exp erience 9.0. My question is that I have installed App Manager III and when I swipe up on the home screen to see the app icons I have installed, some icons are gray in color with a small symbol reading "SD" attached to that icon. This shows up on several icons as well as the main App Manager icon. I can tap on the icon and it still opens the app. I am guessing that it means that that particular app is not supposed to be moved to the SD card ? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling each effected app and have done factory resets with no success. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• 84.jpg
    84.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 19

sitlet

May 16, 2010
Visit site
This would probably be a question for that app's support. But if I would guess I would say that it means your sd card isn't working properly.

TFBisquit

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
Those apps are partially on SD card, that's why that app manager labels them.
Or else it's a Samsung way of letting you know that if you pull that SD card, those apps will give problems.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084