Could someone help me out with this one please.

I cannot change the ringtone on my Galaxy S8. I understand that the ringtones are in /system/media/audio/ringtones. However, when I navigate to `settings | sound & vibration', the present ringtone is listed as `donkey', which I know is a Galaxy S8 standard ringtone. Selecting `ringtone' with a view to changing it takes me to my music folder. Navigating back from that folder I arrive at two drives; `internal storage' and my SD card `/storage/9016-4Ef8'. In neither of these can I find ringtones. Only when I use the app Total Commander can I see /system/media/audio/ringtones listed under `File System Root'. So, how do I get these ringtones displayed via `settings | sound & vibration' ?
    As a newbie, I hope this question isn't too basic for this forum.
    Help appreciated.
    09-17-2018 06:46 AM
    O.K. Have found the answer - go to Settings | Applications - click on three dots and select Reset App Preferences. Then go back to Settings | Sound & Vibration | Ringtones... and there they are, all ringtones accessible again.

Cheers.
    09-18-2018 01:58 AM
    FYI, there's a difference between ringtones and Ringtones. Linux, the operating system tht Android is running on, is case sensitive. (The same holds true for settings/Settings and sound & vibration/Sound & Vibration.)
    09-18-2018 12:09 PM