Smartwatch

tara_adele

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm interested in getting a smartwatch. I currently have the S8 Active with att. I didn't see but 2 or 3 watches on their website, but Samsung has plenty. I haven't had any experience with a smartwatch. What would be my best option? And if I don't buy through att, how does your phone work with the watch?

stmiranda

May 7, 2015
Visit site
I use the Ticwatch E by Mobvoi. Have had no issues and does what I ask. Able to receive and reply to notifications and answer calls. I have the S8+ on AT&T. Other features as well. really depends on what you want/require it to do.

tara_adele

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I'd like the watch to be connected to my phone, so I can use the watch without being by my phone. (like go to store without bringing the phone). I want to be able to call and text, fitness tracker, GPS..

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'd like the watch to be connected to my phone, so I can use the watch without being by my phone. (like go to store without bringing the phone). I want to be able to call and text, fitness tracker, GPS..
Many do that but of course you have to pay your provider for a LTE connection for the watch.

themadscientist

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm interested in getting a smartwatch. I currently have the S8 Active with att. I didn't see but 2 or 3 watches on their website, but Samsung has plenty. I haven't had any experience with a smartwatch. What would be my best option? And if I don't buy through att, how does your phone work with the watch?

I have 2 gear s2 won't trade em for anything lol they are perfect
I don't have service on mine I connect it to my s8 through bluetooth

joyknights

Sep 21, 2018
Visit site
I used to have a smart watch for my iPhone 6 but I have decided to sell it. I am now thinking of getting another one for my S8, I believe that it won't be hard for an android user to look for a suitable smartwatch compared to those that uses an Apple product.

themadscientist

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I used to have a smart watch for my iPhone 6 but I have decided to sell it. I am now thinking of getting another one for my S8, I believe that it won't be hard for an android user to look for a suitable smartwatch compared to those that uses an Apple product.

the gear series is wonderful line up of samsung smart watched plenty of decent features,Tizen does not have as large of an App base as android wear But functionality is great

Attachments

• 1538581327976564539526.jpg
    1538581327976564539526.jpg
    507.3 KB · Views: 18

Jakeman02

Oct 8, 2019
Visit site
My mom currently uses a unsubscribed smartphone strictly for emergency 911. She'e elderly and is more forgetting to keep the phone with her these days so I was wondering if their was a smartwatch that worked the same way with 911 as a smartphone, meaning it can call even if the phone is not activated with service?

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
My mom currently uses a unsubscribed smartphone strictly for emergency 911. She'e elderly and is more forgetting to keep the phone with her these days so I was wondering if their was a smartwatch that worked the same way with 911 as a smartphone, meaning it can call even if the phone is not activated with service?

that is a very good question. I just did a search and really did not find much about it with the android phone. found that apple can do it. samsung does have an sos mode so you might want to check that out.

IMO, the smartwatch buttons are too small for the elderly and emergencies. might want to consider getting a medical alert button instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37