I purchased a S8+ on release day(April 2017) & it worked flawlessly for a year. However, June 2018 the phone went into a endless bootloop shortly after installing Facebook in the Secure Folder. As soon as I realized the issue, I deleted fb & the phone worked fine again. After a couple of updates & 5 months I reinstalled fb & within a week the phone went back into the bootloop problem. However, this time have not been able to fix it.

Back in June, I had to wait for the battery to drain as it did not respond to commands of holding any of the keys regardless of sequence. This time not so fortunate. While I have been able to wipe the cache partition, factory reset, multiple reboots over the last 2 days. Nothing can get the system stable enough to restart. Much less get into apps to delete the issue.

Long story short, know that am going to have to go buy another phone in the morning as this one is toast. My question is, has anyone else had this specific problem? Are there specific apps that should NOT be in the Secure Folder?

I had a Galaxy S3 last almost 5 years. Aside from a trashy app like fb, had relatively few apps on the S8+ & babied the thing. Also it was not abused, dropped etc. Just bad luck apparently getting even for the other phone lasting so long.
    10-27-2018 01:33 AM
    Have you tried plugging into a pc?
    10-27-2018 01:37 AM
    Had not thought of that, but just tried & it is in bootloop mode just the same. PC does not recognize the device as the phone is constantly trying to restart. But thanks for the idea.
    10-27-2018 09:05 AM
    Goto a Samsung outlet.. Not like a best buy..... they may be able to help but just in case call carrier first. blame them for force installing software that caused it, and in Samsung have them try and prove otherwise. they won't or if they do you're set. forced update without consent to your phone. Listen it'll get you somewhere if it's not gone by morning.. trust me
    10-27-2018 02:59 PM
    Thanks! Will look into as am definitely going to send it to Samsung to see if they can flash it.

Had to buy a new phone(Note 9) today as work out of town & leave again in the morning. If I can get the S8+ fixed, can transfer the N9 over to someone else on my account.
    neuronton likes this.
    10-27-2018 11:35 PM
    Glad to help. Personal experience tells me they will blame you for installing any app. For example, they even recommended a third party app for malware and they don't mess with mechanics too much from what 8 witnessed. It was under warranty at time (by days) but it wouldn't matter as carrier tech support and store tech will not leave you with an answer. They said the their app didn't cause malware which I reverse engineered to prove it. It also is likely an update failed midway. that is the most certain way I know from pcs that if you lose power or the program is flashing your system to cut off it is a fail. I won't advertise but we all use a website that lays out every update carriers sent to your phone. I run 7 my original on s+ but there must have been about ten or monthly, bimonthly updates as well as hidden system updates forced to phone that have been sent. You can complain it force installed and crashed if he gets testy. Samsung writes the original software and oems like Verizon adjust the main build from Samsung to give you spam but also make it their product compatible with their systems.
    T48 likes this.
    10-27-2018 11:57 PM